Industry: Built Environment & Infrastructure
Job Type: Contract
Expiration date: 07 February 2018
We’re working in partnership with a global engineering, management and development consultancy that delivers projects across the globe in the Water, Infrastructure, Rail, Nuclear, Oil & Gas and Energy Industries.
An assignment is available for a 3D CAD Technician to assist on various water & wastewater projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Collaborating with others to produce accurate 3D models
• Producing outputs from models to be used by other disciplines (such as for structural and hydraulic analysis, setting out on site and stakeholder engagement)
• Producing "preliminary", "construction" and "as built" drawings to company standards
• Maintenance/organisation of models and drawing files on ProjectWise
• Use of scanners and printers to plot drawings
• Recording of information and providing support to design staff during surveys/site visits
• Strong 3D skills (especially Revit Structure/Revit MEP/OpenPlant P&ID)
• Able to work on your own initiative, whilst displaying a commitment to contribute to, and learn from, the wider team
• An appreciation of civil engineering design and construction (experience in schematics would be ideal)
• Familiar with developing standards and implementing them across teams
• Able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Water/Wastewater industry experience, or related would be desirable, as would knowledge of PAS1192-2
Previous 3D CAD experience on water/wastewater industry or civil engineering projects.