Salary: £45,000 - 50,000
Job Type: Permanent
Location: North West
Expiration date: 08 December 2017
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real. The main purpose of this role is FEA of Chassis systems.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Analysis Design & Optimisation of:- Suspension control arms, Knuckles, Links, Subframes, Engine and Transmission Brackets, Roll Bars. Document work undertaken for future reference and DVP closure.
• Analysis & Optimisation of NVH including Brake Squeal analysis.
• Review and work with Supplier FEA models and support technical meetings at Suppliers.
• Conduct joint calculations.
• Suggest improvements and use measured vehicle data to update models.
• Write, improve and maintain FEA procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering Degree in appropriate discipline
• Software Experience:- Abaqus, Nastran, Optistruct, Hyperworks (Hypermesh), NCode, MS Office
• Analysis Experience:-
• Abaqus: Linear and Non-linear, Implicit and Explicit, Contact, Thermal. Knowledge of Element types including connectors. Experience of multi-step analysis, output data and post-processing.
• Nastran: Confident in Linear analysis.
• Hypermesh: Confident in meshing components and assemblies, contact modelling, connectors and constraints, use of include files.
• Optistruct. Experience of Topology Optimisation.
• NCode. Experience of Design Life, SN and EN life analysis.
• Report writing – confident in ability to interpret and post process results and make recommendations, written and verbal.
• Engineering Experience:-
• Automotive chassis
• Castings / Forgings / Extrusions / Composites, Knowledge of Chassis materials.
• Component sizing and Joint calculations.
• Knowledge of Chassis Loadcases.
• Knowledge of Fatigue analysis principles.
• Strong time management , accuracy , diligence , ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs