Salary: £35,000 - £38,000
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 23 February 2018
The purpose of this role is to support and facilitate the engineering team to deliver an engine product through the development process into production, facilitate and coordinate engine programme activities in support of a robust product delivery within budget and on time and also enforce accountability internally and with consultancy and supplier partners.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
• Change Management: Maintain and report out component tracking documents (Master Parts Tracker). Monitor Engineering Release Notice progression to manage planning and compromises, and resolve issues and timing concerns.
• Monitor and maintain the Bill of Materials for engine programmes across two systems (Aston Martin GoldCrest and WERS) by regular reviews with engineers using appropriate tracking tools.
• Raise and report WERS Alert status of the engine programme to cross functional team.
• Provide Releasing assistance to ensure compliance to the latest processes and standards.
• Track Engineering Timing Release Schedule (ETRS) to ensure on-time delivery of Releases. Check and confirm the accuracy and content of Engine Releases prior to submission deliveriing “right first time” to our customers.
• Identify and ensure programme deadlines, release timing requirements and material required dates are communicated and tracked against all commodity groups.
• Report Release and BoM statuses to support weekly project reviews and monthly governance meetings.
• Facilitate and administrate FMA activities and FESO events within PD engines (including DFMEA, DVP, eCMS, 8D meetings and Checkpoint reviews).
• Support and/or coordinate prototype build procurement and events.
• Periodic procurement and shipping of parts to support engine build and test activity.
• Procure production parts to support development build and test phases.
• Track programme attribute targets and collate status from CPMT groups.
• Monitor engine project plan (EPP) ensuring alignment to vehicle programme timing, AM-Mission milestones, design, procurement, engine builds and testing phases.
• Track and report upon project eCMS status
• Support engine project meetings as prescribed by the project leader.
• Represent PD Engines within PD forums and vehicle programmes where empowered and delegated.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Educated to HNC or higher in an engineering discipline, or equivalent relevant experience.
• The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate knowledge of product development processes
• Previous programme co-ordination experience.
• Powertrain system or component design and/or development experience.
• Working as part of an engineering product development team, in a structured process.
• Technical knowledge of engine design, development, simulation and validation testing.
• Previous experience of automotive design environment.
• Prepare and present programme information for review at project and senior level.
• Present technical information to peers and management.
• Gather information from meetings, collate and report back to the programme team.
• Knowledge of programme gateway processes.
• Proficient in office software (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project).
• Must be able to prioritise, delegate and deliver multiple tasks on a consistent basis
• Must be flexible and identify the necessity for extraordinary application.
• Communicate appropriately at all levels, self-motivated and driven to achieve results.
• Must be able to identify threats to the programme and negotiate resolution actions
• Mainly AML office based with engineering support for prototype workshop and production line.
• Regular visits to suppliers facilities / testing locations (UK and worldwide) or the engine manufacturing plant.