Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 23 February 2018
To co-ordinate departmental Total Delivered Cost (TDC) programme initiatives. The engineer will orchestrate and collate the department groups to generate cost-saving activity, whilst acting as a single point of contact for representing Powertrain Engineering to the business. It is a diverse role and would suit a candidate with a desire to broaden their knowledge of a variety of commodities as well as develop their commercial skills.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
• The Total Delivered Cost (TDC) of AML products and services determines the fundamental viability upon which the business operates financially. Opportunities to control and reduce costs further improve the company profitability. Such initiatives should add value to AML, in both financial and product quality forms, without being detrimental to the customer.
• Coordinate the Powertrain department groups to generate ideas for cost down initiatives on current and future vehicles through an application of total value management techniques; including brainstorming and workshop sessions.
• Guide and measure the implementation of cost down ideas from inception through to line trial and introduction, by liaising with the component platform leaders to ensure planned introduction and cost yield targets are achieved. Represent Powertrain as the single point of contact back into the business, particularly within the TDC management forum.
• Report out progress against cost down targets into weekly TDC control tower meetings and weekly Powertrain management meetings.
• Ensure targets and delivery are concurred by platform managers, confirming resource and funding commitment is identified to deliver agreed initiatives.
• The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the company's objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post
Qualification & Experience:
• Minimum Degree level in Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
• Experience within the automotive industry, preferably with a broad range of experience, ideally including Powertrain Engineering. Previous experience in applying total value management techniques to achieve cost reductions without impacting customer satisfaction. Experience of defining and delivering test plans to prove out impact of design changes on customer satisfaction
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Good ability to clearly present information to all levels of the organisation.
• Experience using CAD (particularly TeamCentre, Vis-Mock-Up and/or NX) advantageous
• Knowledge of value management techniques
• Experience delivering to product development processes
• Knowledge of AML Mission process would be beneficial.
• Knowledge and experience of Failure Mode Avoidance techniques.