Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 28 February 2018
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To coordinate and undertake development and sign off testing to Aston Martin Engineering Test Specifications, supporting Electrical commodity owners in the delivery of their module
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Improve the electrical department’s documentation of test requirements.
• Create Engineering Test Procedures in conjunction with Integration Engineers.
• Contribute to FMEA brainstorming and the translation into engineering targets.
• Define testing requirements at the outset of a project.
• Support test requirement creation and use cases.
• Perform General labcar and vehicle testing support as required by mainstream development activities.
• Work with sub contracted agencies to conduct testing on Aston Martin’s behalf.
• Analyse test data; creating engineering reports based on findings.
• Provide direct technical feedback into Engineering.
• Drive robust troubleshooting of testing problems both on location and remotely
• Write technical reports in support of Electrical testing development.
• Undertake other tasks in support of Electrical department or company objectives.
• Influence AML Product Development best practice standards and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Educated to engineering Degree/HND level
• Experience gained within automotive testing
• Direct experience of electrical fault finding
• Must have experience within an automotive/aeronautical industry.
• Experience with dSPACE or other automated test equipment would be beneficial
• Working knowledge of automotive systems
• Ability to lead and work within teams effectively.
• Experience in managing external suppliers
• Must be able to define and conduct relevant system testing to validate designs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of vehicle network communications and protocol.
• Must possess an engineering mind-set and logical approach to problem solving.
• Ability to manage large workloads in a high-pressure environment with conflicting priorities
• Ability to analyse and validate supplier test data
• Must be able to work under their own initiative with minimum supervision to deliver objectives.
• Should have good presentation skills.
• Should have a good understanding of engineering process and a working knowledge of industry standard tool sets (FMEA, DVP, Six Sigma, PPAP etc.).
The successful candidate must hit the ground running within a well-established team under significant daily pressure of work. Having strong character attributes as well as the necessary knowledge and experience as above. The ideal candidate will be open-minded and lateral thinking in the face of stiff timing and product targets, with the ability to build strong working relationships. The candidate must be proactive and trust their initiative using minimum supervision to produce practical solutions.
• The successful candidate should be prepared to travel when necessary to fulfil this role.
• The successful candidate should hold a full driving license
How to apply:
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. You have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment - fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic
Please click on the 'apply online' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.