Job Type: Permanent
Location: North East
Expiration date: 01 March 2018
Our client is an international leading Chemical manufacturer who currently have an immediate requirement for a Mechanical Engineer to support the maintenance team. The post holder will operate in a regulated environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the maintenance manager you will be responsible for;
• Providing technical mechanical engineering support to enable the company to satisfy it’s internal and statutory standards obligations, including the sign off all mechanical statutory inspection reports and the timely completion of remedial actions.
• Supporting the maintenance team on technical issues regarding job scope and equipment specification, including the specification of mechanical engineering stores stock items.
• Ensuring compliance with legislative and company standards
• Implementing improvements through the management of change processes performing the role of the mechanical engineering authority.
• Participating in process system developments as the mechanical technical expert including; HAZOP’s, SIL assessments, RBI etc.
• Develop the maintenance systems to ensure that budget and reliability targets are achieved. Specifically this includes; failure reviews, conditioning monitoring reviews, procedure development, changes to the preventative maintenance system and participation in improvement projects.
• Conduct SHE audits.
• Selecting and commissioning of specialist external services to supplement the maintenance team when required.
• Education to degree in mechanical /manufacturing; chartered engineer or working towards.
• Previous experience of working in a chemical manufacturing background, preferable on a COMAH regulated site.
• Detailed knowledge of safety and environmental requirements applicable to mechanical engineering.
• Knowledge of maintenance operations and techniques, boiler house operations and maintenance activities.
• Knowledge of petrochemical plant design, operation and maintenance.