Salary: circa £40,000
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 01 February 2018
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for developing and delivering quality disciplines relating to vehicle design, development and launch for all future vehicles within Aston Martin. Taking leadership of the quality activities on new vehicles to set and achieve programme targets. Maintain a full understanding of all aspects of the programme, not just quality. Ensure clarity of situation, direction & issues at all levels of company through regular reports
• Manage the introduction of new models from a quality aspect; from concept through to launch.
• Work within Programme Steering Team structure for achieving technical, process and timing deliverables during product development and launch.
• Develop and implement plans and activities in order to deliver a continued improvement in product and delivery from a quality perspective.
• Drive lessons learned reviews with Design from initial concept through to engineering on finished vehicles to ensure no repeat issues from previous models and robustness of new designs.
• Co-ordinate activities of Quality and Supplier Preparation engineers to ensure programme targets are met.
• Set and ensure project Quality Key Point Indicators and Programme targets are met by working closely with all departments to drive down defects particularly during Production Trials.
• Own design and sourcing of any master fixtures required liaising with other departments to ensure all requirements are accounted for, coordinate and lead fixture build activities and report out results.
• Work with Inspection Engineering and Audit Operations to ensure inspection preparation and trial build requirements are met.
• Maintain reports to be communicated both up and down, from engineers to Vice President, of programme direction, requirements and any open issues. To be done weekly locally and the confidence to present in programme gateways.
• Work with the other project leaders to ensure NMO engineers focus is on the right projects at the right time.
Qualification and Experience
• Technical education to degree level or equivalent.
• Experience of project management and the ability to influence engineers and management in order to progress plans and activities.
• Able to apply problem solving techniques to improve process capability, repeatability and reliability both internally and externally.
• Able to make presentations to Director level.
• Knowledge of Quality Tools and techniques for built in quality in design advantageous.
• High degree of numeracy and knowledge of statistical techniques is also an advantage
• Due to the nature of the role, flexibility on working hours required to ensure completion of activities.
• Positive and proactive approach, with ability to work well in a team to engage others in problem solving.
• Able to work autonomously and as part of a team in a dynamic and changing environment.
Good interpersonal skills essential.