Salary: circa £45,000
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 01 February 2018
Job Purpose: The main purpose of this role is modelling of Chassis systems and full vehicle simulations.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Support the generation of vehicle models and tests on vehicle simulators.
• Set up and work with simulators to support Dynamics on specific programmes.
• Complete ride, handling, steering, and braking tests on ADAMS/VI-grade and study the effects of kinematics and compliance under various load conditions.
• Assess effects and suggest any changes required to maintain targets
• Investigate vehicle dynamics issues arising during development using simulation models.
• Suggest improvements and use measured vehicle data to update models.
• Collaborate to create and develop Chassis control system algorithms in conjunction with system suppliers
• Ensure harmonised interaction of all Chassis electronically control systems.
• Develop control systems and strategies alongside system suppliers using Vi-Grade, Simulink or other appropriate software.
• Interact with ECU suppliers, Component Engineers, Simulation Team and Dynamics Department.
• Specification and testing of vehicle dynamic-control application software
• Vehicle dynamics control system design
Qualifications and Experience:
• ADAMS CAR training courses completed
• Extensive experience as a simulation Engineer within the automotive industry.
• Extensive experience of ADAMS simulation tools which must include ADAMS CAR
• Experience of VI-Grade software and CRT
• Experience as a Control Systems Simulation within the automotive industry.
• Co-Simulation integration of active damping and SCS controllers into models
• Experience of Chassis and EPS software tuning
• Proven capability of studying and understanding K&C data and correlating it with models.
• ADAMS experience with driveline modelling.
• Modelling hydro-mounts and active mounts, tyre modelling
• Software Experience:- Matlab Simulink, VI-Grade car real time, ADAMS, Vector e.g. CANape
• Working knowledge of Altair Hyperworks including Hypergraph.
• Working knowledge of Matlab and VI-Grade.
• Good report writing skills and able to present to technical experts
• Rig test environment experience including vehicle simulators
• Competent in all Microsoft Office applications
• Strong time management , accuracy ,diligence ,ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs