Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 23 February 2018
To provide technical support and assistance to the Aston Martin worldwide dealer network, and when appropriate, directly to owners with the objective of:- • Reducing workshop diagnosis and vehicle downtime • Eliminating the need for repeat visits to the dealer • Assist in achieving a Right First Time fix • Instrumental in reducing warranty costs with regard to effective utilisation of replacement parts and labour • Liaising with Quality, Product Development & Manufacturing • Assist in reducing ownership and warranty costs in service with regard to spare parts and labour expenditure • Endeavour to achieve Best in Class technical service and provide excellent customer satisfaction • To research, write, develop, create, and implement all aspects of Face-to-Face Technical Training for our Global Dealer Network • Responsible for the development of high quality training programmes encompassing vehicle systems, diagnostics and repair methods, to enable Dealers to deliver superior customer satisfaction whilst minimising expenditure on vehicle warranty and service repair activities.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• Assist franchised dealer technicians and AM Regional Service staff with technical enquires on all current and past models, to discuss and recommend diagnostic routines and strategies to achieve right first time fixes. When appropriate arrange a dealer visit to assist the technician in achieving a robust and speedy solution to the concern, through liaison with the Regional Customer Service engineer.
• On a daily basis action all Technical Service Requests (TSR) received. Interpret and qualify content. Where necessary contacting the submitting Dealer Technician to review data to enhance understanding.
• Responsible for the research, creation, development and delivery of training courses for Technical Product Training, for all new car launches. Continually review, update and enhance all current Technical Training Courses to the highest quality.
• Build excellent working relationships with Engineering, Quality, Design, After Sales Operations and all relevant internal and regional departments to facilitate the development of high quality technical training courses. Be solely responsible for the technical accuracy of content described in all technical training materials, which could have a direct bearing on safety, product warranty &/or legal liability.
• Through close liaison with the dealer network ensure that all published Man Hour Schedule times are accurate and reasonable. Process request for review forms and make recommendations on any adjustments to the published times. Liaise with Technical Publications to ensure that the Man Hour Schedule is up-dated accordingly.
• Deliver technical training, when required, to Aston Martin franchised Dealer staff and internal Aston Martin staff members globally from the Company designated training facilities, and, as appropriate, from in-territory locations in all Aston Martin markets Coach Dealer Technicians in best practice diagnostic techniques to encourage a self-help ‘can do’ approach and mind set.
• Vehicle Quality Interface:
Through liaison with the Field Quality Operations, Product Development and the Warranty department ensure that dealer displaced parts, required for engineering evaluation, are returned to Aston Martin in a timely and speedy manner.
• Legislation and Certification Interface:
Through close liaison with Legislation and Certification keep abreast of all current and future legislation changes which could influence the serviceability of all product lines and accessories.
• Technical Publications Interface:
Make recommendations to Technical Publications with regard to the technical content of the listed publications, to constantly evolve and improve both user interface and practicality:
Repair Operation Times/Man-Hour Schedules and Fault Codes
Qualifications and Experience
• The ideal person will be self-motivated, organised, with a high attention to detail and dedication to consistently producing excellent quality work on time and on budget.
• Extensive experience of the automotive industry, with proven record of Automotive Manufacturer based training
• Extensive servicing, maintenance procedures and diagnostic experience
• In-depth understanding of the Automotive and HLS sector
• Clear understanding of automotive technical and diagnostic processes
• Ability to design exciting, educational and inspirational training courses in a wide range of technical skills, demonstrating enthusiasm and passion for the Aston Martin brand
• Computer & IT Literate
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A full clean driving license
• International travel is likely to be required