Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 23 February 2018
Job Purpose Lead the Design, Release, and sign off of the Chassis Subframes
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• Lead the design, release and sign off of Front and Rear Subframes (Isolated and Solid Mounted variants), Subframe Bushes and Structural Under trays. Other components may be added to this list if work load permits.
• Control design activities for CAD Designers.
• Lead Subframe meetings and ensure good quality minutes are generated swiftly.
• Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends.
• Work with Suppliers to design and develop components to meet all specified requirements such as weight, cost, durability, and performance targets.
• Analyse the suitability of ‘parts bin’ components.
• Manage Suppliers to ensure parts are delivered on time to the required quality standard
• Work closely with Manufacturing and Launch to enable swift and accurate fitment of components to vehicles.
• Work with Vehicle Dynamics to meet attribute targets and achieve freeze dates.
• Lead the Design Verification and Sign Off reporting. Create system level DVPs.
• Support vehicle tests with components where required.
• Lead DFMEAs, Quality history reviews, Robustness studies.
Qualifications and Experience
• Engineering Degree in appropriate discipline
• Extensive experience within an automotive or automotive components supplier group
• Component Engineering Experience
• Competent in Microsoft Office applications
• Can work efficiently with minimum supervision
• Prepared to manage Suppliers both in UK and abroad
• Proven problem solving abilities
• Proficient in Engineering Drawing Standards
• Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs
• Excellent design and engineering knowledge of Subframes & Chassis components
• Rig test environment experience
• Strong Interest in Chassis Dynamics
• Some experience of NX CAD system would be useful but not essential