Salary: £35,00 - £40,000 pa
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 16 February 2018
Key responsibilities and Tasks • Involved from M1 through to Job1+90 days. • Ensure timely resolution of issues, establishment of containments and determination of root cause through effective collaboration with the cross-functional team. • Work with the Platform & Applications Engineers to ensure permanent corrective actions are planned and delivered on-time. • Where appropriate, and in agreement with Lead Platform Engineer, raise engineering change documentation and coordinate all aspects of the change. • Ensure Production Part Approval Process progression is on-track for Underframe, Body in White & Closures components to achieve Gateway deliverables on-time. This will require close collaboration with the Engineers responsible for these parts as well as direct involvement with Suppliers, Purchasing & New Model Programme Team • Generate status reports and attend key launch meetings (i.e. daily start-up, wash-up and gateway reviews with senior team) as required and agreed with the Launch Manager. • Ensure Lessons Learnt are fed back into Programmes and Platform Teams at the appropriate gateways.
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree level in Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
• Experience gained within Automotive Industry.
• Experience in one or more of these areas: Underbody, Body In White, Closures, Functional Trim
• Experience of Cost & Attribute Target setting and then managing through to Job#1.
• Experience of working in high pressure pre-production and launch situations
• Experience of working with Suppliers to deliver fully approved parts via AQP/Production Part Approval Process
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Able to clearly present information to all levels in the organisation.
• Experience of using a milestone delivery process within the Automotive Industry.
• Focused, highly motivated, results orientated, who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
• Able to lead team members with varying personalities and motivations in an effective manner.
• Able to successfully lead a cross-functional team and ready to step in to take a position of leadership when required.
• Have a data-driven mind-set to ensure we are making the right decisions at all times.
• Demonstrate a ‘lessons learnt’ and ‘prevent recurrence’ mind-set both for engineering & process elements of the business.
• Driving licence, Medical clearance to drive company vehicles.
• Masters level qualification in Automotive or Management.
• Experience of assigning tasks and prioritise to small team to meet deliverables.
• Knowledge of the Aston Martin Lagonda MISSION process would be beneficial.
• Knowledge and experience of Failure Mode Avoidance techniques.