Salary: £31,000 pa
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 05 June 2018
Job Purpose: Responsible for coaching and mentoring of all direct reports, creating an environment of genuine employee empowerment in order to achieve ‘World Class’ standards. Responsible for achieving volume, quality and cost targets through the combined team effort of direct and indirect departments.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Plan and co-ordinate manufacturing operations within areas of responsibility.
• Monitor, control and maintain the quality level within the areas of responsibility to the company quality standards ensuring that the customer (internal and external) is protected.
• Ensure that the Off Tracks department can function at all times in terms of labour, consumable materials and maintained equipment.
• Motivate, support and lead the team through coaching and mentoring.
• Control all waste in order to meet departmental budgets
• Enable the team to set work standards / processes, implement assignments / labour loading and achieve production targets.
• Facilitate the removal of non-value added work within the manufacturing team in line with company improvement processes (Six Sigma, Kaizen, AMPS).
• Facilitate team measurement of performance in line with departmental measureables, enabling the team to work on problem resolution and customer protection
• Plan labour requirements and where necessary ensure procedures are followed to recruit labour.
• Facilitate training to develop team members and minimise impact of labour shortages.
• Audit all visual management in area of responsibility ensuring any corrective action plans are put in place
• Develop and implement robust problem containment and resolution to protect the customer (internal and external) at all times.
• Manage and resolve employee relations issues at a local level.
• Monitor team local budgetary spend on overtime, tooling and other consumable type items.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Sound knowledge of a plant operating procedures to ISO9001, (or equivalent recognition).
• Proven ability of team development and team motivation. Able to work as an effective team member.
• Experience of ‘lean Manufacturing’ tools and techniques
• Good general PC applications knowledge – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to influence others.
• Enthusiastic and determined, highly self-motivated.