Are you an experienced Project Engineer?
Do you have previous EDF experience?
We'd love to hear from you if so.
Our key client in the Energy sector is currently looking for a Project Engineer (Technical) to provide support to either Project Manager or Construction Manager in managing work from assignment to close out and ensuring the allocated tasks are done in a safe, effective and timely manner.
The successful candidate will have strong Project Engineering experience in the nuclear sector or other highly regulated industry. This position is a full time, permanent role to be based in Hartlepool.
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Supporting the Project Manager with day to day activities required.
- Ensuring work is in line with the project plan including safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives.
- Identify and ensure compliance with company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Accountable for the preparation of engineering documentation including quality plans and other documents as required.
- Ensure production of technical specifications and support the process of contractor selection and contract placement.
- Review technical documentation (contractor’s documents and drawings) when authorised.
- Ensure technical queries are managed in accordance with process and procedures.
- Prepare commissioning documents and act as test team leader where appropriate.
- Identify issues or concerns that may impact the project baseline.
- Providing data and reports regarding the project activities and performance in an accurate and timely manner.
- Degree/HND in a specific Engineering discipline i.e. Civil, C&I, Electrical or equivalent.
- Chartered status is preferred.
- Strong project engineering experience in a project and operational environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including Construction Design Management and Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Understanding of application of project management processes.
- Strong understanding of the need for Quality within the project environment.
- Knowledge with the structure and use of Quality Assurance documentation.
- Technical experience in preparing reports, technical documentation, proposals and procedures.
- Experience with construction, testing and commissioning activities.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business