An exciting role has become available for a client that is currently managing an important project in the South West area.
We are looking for a Civil Engineer to start a new exciting role in Bristol.
The purpose of this role is to give the required to support the HR Civils Team Lead. As part of a team, under the Team Lead, the Civil Engineer will be responsible for modifying and adapting the design received from the Back Office, substantiating the adapted design of the HR Building reinforced concrete structures on the Hinkley Point C project. The civil Engineer will be supported by a group of detailed designers.
They work closely with the Client and the Clients Tier 1 Civils Contractor.
The civil work design is made on TEKLA, and used as a deliverable directly for construction activities for different tasks.
As part of the Civil team, the engineer will assist in:-
- Modifying reinforced concrete structure designs compliant with the ETC-C, other relevant codes,
- Maintaining Edvance’s QA procedures in delivering the CW design,
- Working with the CAD designers in the preparation of the design drawings/models,
- Managing engineering changes in line with company procedures,
- Liaising with colleagues in Edvance Paris (Malakoff).
Qualification & Skills required
- Experience in Nuclear civil work OR complex structure
- Experience in design of concrete and metallic structure
- Experience in detailed design or conceptual design in an office or on a civil construction site
- Experience on project dealing with material interfaces
- Experience with TEKLA & PDMS systems.
- Experience with on site design support
- Experience on wide project
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Company private Medical care
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business