Senior Manager - Procurement
As a key member of the Procurement Management team, you will lead and manage a team in developing and delivering our major targets and goals. A key part of the role will be the development of your team and ensuring they are motivated and focused. To deliver our high level KPI’s, whilst also developing a strong Supplier base for our planned overall business growth. You will play a big part in the development of Procurement’s strategic direction and the implementation of our short, medium and long-term objectives.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Hold regular reviews with your Senior Buyers/ Buyers to embed a strong aligned Procurement approach, based on our overall Strategic direction.
- Develop clear plans with your Senior Buyers/ Buyers to deliver our year on year cost saving requirements, in line with our second century plan.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure all new model introduction programmes achieve “cost to contract” for Body In White.
- Align Body in White team to deliver our year on year Low Cost Country sourcing targets and mobilise team to focus on this KPI.
- Ensure all ERN’s are completed by the team in a timely manner, which matches or exceeds the overall Procurement’s target.
- Liaise closely with Finance to ensure Procurement’s targets and results are totally aligned to those reported at a corporate level.
- Ensure that the Body in White team are fully mobilised and focused on our required deliverables.
- Provide Procurement/ Commercial input into cross functional teams that effectively contributes to the Company’s goals.
- Together with the Procurement Development team, develop a standard for each Buyers strategic approach, whilst giving the team’s lateral movement to express their strategies.
- Lead and mentor your team, through the Senior Buyers, to form an efficient, well-motivated unit, delivering our short, medium and long-term goals.
- Constantly strive for process improvement opportunities internally, as well as with the Supplier base, focusing on business ‘Best Practice’ initiatives.
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and lead/ hold reviews to discuss latest status and progress in meeting the organisational targets.
- Lead and promote good supplier relationships, through the development of a Supplier scorecard and eventually, the development of a Supplier awards system.
- Play an instrumental role in enabling the function to achieve its business objectives, through meeting or ideally exceeding defined objectives.
- Ensure that all internal Scorecard deliverables are delivered, and any deviations are addressed through the CCAR process.
Qualification & Experience:
- Educated to Degree level, preferably in line with the role requirements.
- Previous procurement experience is desirable.
- Understanding of the strategic role of the procurement function and ability to work at this level.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Office & specifically Excel/ PowerPoint skills would be an advantage.
- Post holder should hold a full driving licence and be prepared to travel where their specific work responsibilities require.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business