No 2 Mechanic
This position reports to the Valkyrie DVP Test Engineer or his designee and is located in Wellesbourne, UK. Responsible for the assembly and servicing of the Aston Martin Valkyrie both trackside and at the Wellesbourne factory. You will lead and assist your team of Mechanics throughout the build process, coordinating the assembly in a methodical manner whilst adhering to strict deadlines and quality standards. You will be required to direct your crew during Manufacture, Tests and Customer events ensuring that the car operates in a professional and safe manner at all times whilst guaranteeing that Engineering requirements and changes are met promptly and accurately.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all departments.
- You will ensure that the car is built consistently to the highest standards and meets the relevant set up parameters and all the criteria of the build specification.
- Ensuring that the area or parts of the car assigned to you are consistently assembled in a safe and reliable manner.
- Accountability for the condition & appearance of the car which should be maintained to the highest levels at all times.
- Responsibility for the cleanliness and condition of your work area, the garage, the factory and all tools and equipment.
- Following Engineering procedures as dictated by Aston Martin pertaining to assembly, operation and safety.
- Report reliability issues as they occur and seek advice before undertaking any out of the ordinary tasks.
- Assist in the set up and operation of the garage and its infrastructure.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Chief Mechanic or his designee.
Qualification & Experience:
GCSE, High School diploma or equivalent required. Further education including Trade School, Apprenticeship or University Degree may benefit your application. Six years of work experience, four years of which must be in a professional motorsports environment
Specialised Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to follow complex technical drawings and procedures.
- A solid mechanical aptitude gained in the Motorsport arena.
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards with an exceptional attitude towards attention to detail.
- Should be comfortable discussing engineering solutions and requirements & demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Basic fabrication and machining skills.
- An empathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to lead and coordinate a group.
- A can do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
- Solid computer knowledge, experience in Microsoft Office and experience of life tracking software beneficial.
- A strong relationship builder with a collaborative approach
Work Environment Physical Demands:
- An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential.
- The role may require extensive domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
- This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity.
- Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands.
- Work environment includes machinery, race cars, rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids.
- All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business