Civil Engineer (SZC)
This is an excellent opportunity for a degree qualified Civil Engineer to work on the early stages of a new major nuclear new build project Sizewell C.
You will need to have at least 3 years’ experience working on complex projects, nuclear would be advantageous and experience with the design of industrial RC structures.
1. Job purpose:
The Civil Engineer will join the civil engineering team for the SZC EPR project. They will receive work assignments from and report to the SZC Civil Team Lead.
2. Main accountabilities (not exhaustive):
- Receive, analyse and verify the consistency of the input data.
- Produces deliverables for which they are responsible (design hypotheses, methodology and assumption notes; technical specifications; calculation notes).
- Participate in the tender preparation and review process for civil engineering design contracts.
- Coordinate the work of CAD Designers in collaboration with the Layout Team lead.
- Perform technical verifications of civil engineering design notes, models and drawings.
- Contribute to the surveillance of the anchorages designed by the equipment suppliers.
- Contribute to CDM reviews, create and maintain the Design Risk Register.
- Liaise with subject matter experts.
Progress monitoring and change management
- Prepare and chair progress meetings within their scope of activity.
- Analyse, implement and monitor design modifications requested by the various engineering teams.
- Anticipate and raise alerts on technical open points.
- Contribute to project and contract risk registers.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in civil engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ of relevant experience.
- Civil engineering design office experience, particularly in the design and detailing of industrial reinforced concrete structures.
- Experience in the nuclear sector would be advantageous.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business