Our Engineering design consultancy client require an Electrical Design Engineer based at their clients site in Oxford for a minimum of 6 months more likely ongoing.
The Electrical Engineer shall be based on site and shall provide technical support for the design and construction of a major new build pharmaceutical project. Reporting to the Design Manager, the Electrical Engineer will support the interface between design and construction and shall hold the following responsibilities.
- Review and resolution of technical issue on site i.e., final coordination of installations
- Management of change at site construction level
- Work package management
- Liaison with the electrical design team at head office on all technical matter affecting design
- Support in resolution and closure of site technical query
- Design and construction stakeholder engagement
- Site surveys & reporting
- Assist the construction supervisor in all technical matter at site level
The Electrical Engineer will have a technical engineering background and have strong pharmaceutical sector related experience.
Travel to head office in Warrington, Cheshire shall be necessary, typically on a bi-monthly basis.
The Electrical Engineer will work closely with the design team and construction team to support the efficient and compliant design and construction of the electrical engineering services installations for the facility.
The post holder will:
- Provide effective, accurate & efficient electrical engineering technical support to the project
- Generate electrical installation deliverables in compliance with BS7671 IEE Wiring Regulations and client specifications
- Support effective delivery of the project to time, quality, and cost targets
- Produce documentation in accordance with defined standards / quality requirements
- Liaise with design and equipment subcontractors
- Lead the improvement of performance by seeking, reviewing and applying, where appropriate, innovative solutions
- Interface with other disciplines such as Mechanical, Process, HVAC and Civil
- Provide design and technical support at site for electrical installations including:
- LV Switchgear
- LV Power distribution
- Lighting & small power
- Cable containment systems
- Fire detection & alarm
- Emergency voice communications
- Fire suppression
- Structured cabling systems (Fibre & Copper)
- Voice & data
- Security systems
- Lightning protection
- Emergency diesel generator
- Miscellaneous electrical systems
- Electric vehicle charging
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Extensive experience (at least 10 years) in a relevant design and site technical support role including successful delivery of electrical installation designs of major projects for the pharmaceutical sector.
- Degree in electrical engineering or comparable demonstratable experience working at this level
- Chartership through professional Institution desirable
- Strong experience in UK pharmaceutical construction projects
- Experience of Electrical Building Services design best practices
- Strong understanding of design process & associated documentation
- Project lifecycle experience (Concept through detail design to construction support)
- Knowledge of data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Familiarity with CDM Regulations 2015 together with experience of undertaking ‘Designer’ role
- Ability to undertake site surveys
- Collaborative skills and experience working in part of a multi-discipline team
- Work package management encompass varying project stages from concept through to detail design and will include requirement for construction support
- Ability to work in a team or alone, comfortable to liaise with client representatives
- Ability to identify innovative solutions and embrace emerging technology
- Possess strong communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to maintain excellent working relationships
- Software Packages
Proficient use of the following software packages:
- AutoCAD LT
- Trimble (Amtech) Pro Design Suite Cable Sizing Software
- Microsoft suite of programs
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.