Our client is currently seeking an experienced EICA Designer to join the expanding UK engineering business in Warrington. The role will be working across all functions of engineering delivery including, front end engineering design, estimating and project initiation, detailed design, construction support and technical guidance, interfacing with other disciplines and leading / implementing commissioning activities. This shall be carried out ensuring that all project deliverables are delivered in a safe, cost effective timely manner and in compliance with all relevant standards, directives, regulations and quality targets set out by the business.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Represent the interests of the company in all interactions with the client and maintain client relationships
- Able to work effectively within the EICA engineering team a within a multi discipline Engineering project team
- Carry out all Design activities using their own initiative, to the agreed milestones and quality targets
- Should be able to identify Design scope change and report this to the Senior or EICA Engineer, supporting them in the management of the change process
- Able to assist Engineers within their own discipline, or on specific projects for small Engineering teams
- Should be able to assist and supervise Apprentice and Graduate Engineers / Designers
- Be responsible for ensuring quality in all Engineering designs and projects including, the checking of their own work to company procedures
- Comply with all company safety rules and CDM requirements for design work, including participation in, design reviews and Client requirements meetings
- Comply with all company processes and procedures
- Be able to assist with Engineering and Design estimates, including detailed man hour costs for carrying out deliverables
Shall have a strong working knowledge of the G17 and G35 design process for Electrical, Instrumentation and knowledge of the control aspect
Shall have a strong understanding of the suite of standards and specifications, including EL/5, RE/18, COMP30, COMP50 and SP/21
Capable of carrying Engineering and Design surveys on Gas sites
Qualified to EUSR (preferred)
Shall be able to produce and develop in line with the Engineer the production of detailed EICA specifications and scopes of work, EICA design drawings, EICA schedules which can include; cable routing drawings, schematic and single line diagrams, block cable diagrams, loop diagrams, termination diagrams, material datasheets, general arrangement drawings, cable and load schedules, equipment schedules, scope documents.
Assist with the selection & specification of general LV electrical items e.g. distribution equipment, isolation & control equipment, light fittings, cables, protective devices
Assist with the selection & specification of general items of equipment e.g. converters, barriers, indicators, relays, junction boxes, panel, fixings, cable management etc.
Assist with the selection and Specification of Instrumentation Equipment for different types of flow, pressure, level, temperature and analytical instrumentation, including cables, Non I.S and I.S systems
Shall be able to use the following software packages for EICA engineering designs, AutoCAD 2D, AMTECH or similar Pro Design, Microsoft Office Packages, AutoCAD Electrical (preferred)
Shall have an understanding of the different types of control systems and their applications to industry
Shall have an understanding of safety instrumented systems and their application in engineering design
Knowledge / Qualifications in the current standards and codes of practice including ATEX, CDM, BS 7671 etc
Carry out all Engineering and Design activities in accordance with the companies approved design guides & procedures, client requirements and British/European Standards / Codes of Practice
Assist in preparation of specifications and requisitions for equipment
Shall be able to assist in carrying out detailed site surveys of existing assets and project requirements, including the production of detailed survey reports and basis for design documentation
Support the Engineer in the implementation of construction red line and as-built documentation
- HNC / HND in an EICA Engineering Discipline
- Ex12a and Ex12b Designer Qualified
- 10+ years’ experience in EICA Design
- 5+ years’ experience in the Gas Industry
- Sound technical knowledge and expertise in all areas of EICA design
- Experienced in carrying out design on multi discipline Engineering projects
- Application of all key relevant British and European standards and regulations
- Experience of working in a team of designers.
- Experienced user of AutoCAD and general PC basic software packages.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.