Shift Manufacturing Technician
We are currently looking for a Shift Manufacturing Technician based in Widnes on a permanent basis. The role will be working within the Chemical industry and will require someone happy to work shifts. The shift patter for the role is 4 on 4 off.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Operate process plant and equipment safely and efficiently to the required parameters
- Contribute to achieving plant production targets including new production development and commissioning
- Minimise waste and any impact on the environment by the efficient use of materials, energy and time
- Effectively carry out lab analytical work on samples, supported by the QC team
- Provide maintenance first aid to the plant within competencies
- Use and operate computerized plant via use of Distributed Control System (DCS).
- Responsibility for housekeeping, safety audits and active reporting of all actual/potential incidents which may impact on safety, environment or quality.
- Completion of full competency training packages aligned to areas of operation.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the company.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in process plant operations (desirable)
- NEBOSH/IOSH certificate (desirable)
- Experience in the operation of high hazard plants
- Knowledge of COMAH
- Knowledge of process analysis
- Enthusiasm to work flexibly within competence.
The role would report to a Shift Production Manager.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.