Project Coordinator - Rail Infrastructure
We are currently looking for a Project Coordinator to support our clients work on HS2 enabling works in Birmingham. The role is varied and will include elements of Logistics Management (co-ordination of Vehicle Delivery’s to site), Possession Planning and acting as the main communication channel with other stakeholders for day-to-day coordination of works.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordination of Vehicle Delivery’s to Site
- Management and Liaison with Supply Partners to ensure all plant and vehicle comply with the HS2 Employers Minimum Requirements
- Manage and provide a schedule of Autorised Plant and Vehicles which may attend the Project Site.
- Liaise Closely with the Operations Team to ensure all planned works are included within the logistics plan.
- Work with the Project Manager, Construction Manager and Site Agents to ensure Access and Egress Plans are included in the Logistics plan and communicated to Supply Partners.
- Act as Responsible Manager, for Rail Safe System of Work Planning on a Project
- Manage the interface between the Possession Planners and Project to facilitate suitable access for all types of safety critical work.
- As Responsible Manager, request, authorise and issue Safe Work Packs (SWP's) for safety critical staff to carry out planned works.
- Attend and Represent client at possession co-ordination meetings.
- Regular attendee to area planning meetings (PICOP & Whiteboard) to integrate forthcoming planned works.
- Arrange suitable possession/line blockage equipment requirements ahead of planned work in the form of possession marker boards, stop boards, till dawns, scotch & clips, detonators etc.
- Ensure Network Rail planning timescales are met, to ensure planned works are requested and carried out in a timely manner.
Principal Contractor Interface:
- Act as the main communication channel with others working in the area for day-to-day co-ordination.
- Represent the client at PC Co-ordination Meetings and protect client’s interests.
- Work with the other stake holders in the area.
- Maintain regular communication between other contractors. Including regular Logistic’s and Planning Meeting.
- Act as Duty/Construction Manager to oversee on-going works and to report on site progress as and when required.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office/365 Software
- Ability to work both remotely and in Site Offices
- Understand the Business Requirement to delivering works Safely, on time and to budget.
- Minimum 5 Years’ Experience in the Rail Construction Industry
- Minimum 10 Years’ Construction Industry Experience
- Network Rail Sentinel PTS AC & DC Qualification
- Network Rail Sentinel COSS Qualification
- Experience in Network Rail Asset Management Plan (AMP) Process
- Experience with Project Hand Over
- SMSTS Qualification
- Formal Civil Engineering Qualification at HND/HNC or NVQ Level 3 or Higher
- Formal Training and Experience as Temporary Works Supervisor
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.