We are recruiting for a Site Engineer to join our client on a permanent position. This will become part of the major transformation of the Edinburgh transport network.
Do you have what it takes to be able to put your skills, experience and knowledge to deliver this project.
Job Title: SITE ENGINEER (Edinburgh Tram)
The role of the Site Engineer is to have full control of all engineering duties including setting out, subcontractor management, dealing with clients and supply chain, updating programme reports and ensuring health & safety is upheld.
- Ensure Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality sustainability policies and legislation/ requirements are adhered to
- Undertake Surveying and setting out duties
- Check drawings and quantities
- Schedule selected materials for ordering from the procurement department
- Checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed correctly
- Ensuring projects meet agreed specifications, budgets or timescales
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors, consultants and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and project management
- Providing technical advice and solving problems on site
- Monitoring and Control of wastage
- Keeping accurate records, including a diary, of all site activities
- Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and negotiating the price of materials
- Plan the work and efficiently organise site operations in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines
- Leading by example as a role model for company values and professional standards.
- Preparation and organisation of programme for work activities
- Implement and monitor Quality Assurance and ensure compliance by on site team
- Driving the delivery of business and corporate plans for your own areas of responsibility.
- Managing delegated resources (e.g. budgets, equipment and contracts) as appropriate, to ensure value for money.
- Being fully aware of and actively complying with company policies and procedures relevant to your own responsibilities and to corporate policies and procedures including equality, sustainability and the environment, health and safety and data protection.
- Driving continuous improvement within your own areas of responsibility
- Additional duties associated with the role as determined by management.
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- CSCS Card
- Computer literate and familiar with MS office, project, (or similar scheduling package)
- Excellent verbal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to manage conflicting demands, assess priorities, proactively plan the works to ensure timely delivery of project requirements;
- Problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of CAD
- Commercial awareness – an ability to understand how actions/ decisions can affect profitability of a project
- Team working and communication
- Technical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrable ability to meet deadlines.
- SMSTS / SSST
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.