Project Engineer - Front Suspension
Summary: Chassis Systems are responsible for the design, engineering and releasing of the following systems and components: Wheels & tyres, foundation brakes, suspension, steering, subframes, springs & dampers, roll control, active chassis controls and powertrain mounting systems across all future and current car lines.
The role is for a Project Engineer with the engineering responsibility for the design and development of key suspension systems and components, from concept to production.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Lead the design & release of front suspension systems and components, to include: Control arms and links, bushes and ball joints, suspension knuckles, hub & bearing assemblies.
- Lead Chassis CAD engineers to deliver concept system layout and component package maturation.
- Collaborate with Vehicle Dynamics and Chassis Simulation teams to develop performance targets and primary concepts for suspension systems for early prototype build phases through to production.
- Manage external suppliers to design and develop systems and components that meet specified requirements and targets, and ensure parts are delivered on time and to the required quality standard.
- Work closely with Commodity Lead and Chassis Integration teams to enable swift and accurate deployment of components and systems across all vehicle model lines.
- Work with Vehicle Attribute team to deliver tunable components which meet performance targets and freeze dates.
- Lead DFMEAs, quality history reviews, robustness studies, and control DVP and Final Engineering Sign Off reporting.
- Lead rig testing for system validation. Support vehicle and rig tests with prototype components where required.
- Keep abreast of technical developments within the industry and conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs & future trends. Analyse and recommend suitability of carry-over or modular systems to optimise platform commonality.
- Produce Design Manuals, Engineering Specifications and best practice documentation to aid ‘Right First Time’ system delivery.
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive experience of chassis component engineering experience within an automotive OEM or automotive components supplier.
- Good working knowledge of Chassis and suspension systems, including sub-components and their function.
- Good working knowledge of VIS Mockup and Teamcenter
- Competent in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Engineering Quality processes and tools such as D-FMEA, 6-sigma, 8D
- Ability to work as part of a small team and actively participate in creation and development of innovative design solutions within the R&D environment
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business