Chassis Control Systems and Software Engineer
Summary: Contribute in the development of innovative chassis systems and components (ride, handling, steering and braking systems), aiming to improve the customer experience from the perspective of vehicle performance, efficiency, durability and reliability.
Contribute in the development of innovative chassis systems and components (ride, handling, steering and braking systems), aiming to improve the customer experience from the perspective of vehicle performance, efficiency, durability and reliability.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Specification and testing of vehicle dynamics control systems and application software.
- Propose, develop, and apply advanced controls techniques for use in Active Chassis systems with specific focus the performance improvement of handling, ride and NVH attributes.
- Develop and deliver embedded software (which may include control and state estimation algorithms, diagnostics and calibration) for virtual / physical Proof-Of-Concept of the proposed solutions
- Designing, implementing, verifying, and validating control systems at vehicle level and component level
- Supporting E/E vehicle system architecture design and Chassis controls implications.
- Supporting PT controls design and optimization of PT-Chassis controls interaction.
- Specifying and undertaking software testing on HIL dyno and on vehicle.
- Interact with ECU suppliers, component engineers, the simulation dynamics teams, and the performances engineer
- Vehicle dynamics control system design for future, autonomy-related, requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Initial experience as a controls or SW engineer within the Automotive/Motorsport industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of embedded control systems.
- Expert level user of Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow, model-based controls and automatic code generation techniques.
- Understanding of mainstream automotive ECU HW and SW development following ISO26262 or IEC61508 processes.
- Experience using of Vector tools, e.g. CANape, would be very useful.
- Experience using simulation and analysis techniques for vehicle and component(s).
- Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks.
- Excellent technical capability with all MS office products
- Ability to develop tools with programmes such as Excel
- Experience of FMEA process and robust problem resolution
- Understanding of Software development tools such as EVO Diag and Vector products
- Understanding of requirements capture tools such as Polarion/Doors
- Understanding of Powertrain and Brakes Controls and their coupling with VeD.
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink and/or other Control System Design and Rapid Prototyping tools
- Competence is using data acquisition and post-processing tools
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business