Senior Transport Planner, Freight & Logistics
An assignment is available for a Senior Transport Planner, Freight & Logistics this is a permanent position.
We are looking for a Senior Transport Economist with particular interest in Freight & Logistics to work within our Economics and Business Case team and support the development of business cases and undertaking appraisal for a wide range of transport and non-transport projects.
The successful candidate will be contributing to shaping and growing a high performing, dynamic team, working seamlessly across our national business. Alongside the personal growth there will be increased opportunity to get closer to and understand key clients in this field.
We support agile working and offer a fantastic environment with fresh, modern offices that buzz with the excitement of people working at the leading edge of our industry. You will join our team of talented individuals with experience in a wide range of areas surrounding business case development and transport economics including technology-based investment cases, application of the relevant guidance and alternative assessment, and research on its evidence base.
Successful applicants will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of Freight & Logistics market assessments, modelling and demand forecasting of passenger and freight traffic, multi-criteria assessments, Cost-benefit analysis and analyses for pre-feasibility and feasibility studies of transport infrastructure investment projects and programmes.
- Experience of business case development and economic appraisal for transport investment using a range of different analytical approaches
- Understanding of DfT’s TAG and Green Book methodologies for traditional and wider transport impacts.
- Show interest in emerging areas in the field of Freight & Logistics.
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical, numeracy and problem-solving skills.
- Able to manage medium/large size independent projects or workstreams within larger projects.
- Able to contribute effectively to proposals and bids.
- Have the ability to present complex analysis to non-specialist audience.
- Help mentor and supervise junior colleagues.
Successful candidates will have, commensurate with their level of experience -
- A relevant planning, economics, engineering degree or similar.
- Excellent communication with strong report writing capability.
- Ability to work under pressure and proven success in meeting deadlines.
- Confident team worker with ability to work independently.
- Experience of working to time and budget constraints.
- Membership of a relevant professional institute.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which the client is looking for, apply with your current and up to date CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.