An assignment is available for a Track Engineer, this is a permanent position based in London.
The team currently provides track, civil and structural engineering design services, alongside project and construction management.
Your main work stream will involve the production and delivery of plain line and switches and crossings design packages and as such you should have good knowledge of all relevant industry standards. You should have an in-depth understanding of alignment design principles.
Reporting to the Senior Track Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Work alongside a Senior Engineer to produce P-Way design packages from feasibility through to detailed design and construction support.
- Preparation of quality and professional design deliverable reports, calculations, drawings and specifications in a timely manner and to agreed budget (i.e. Form A, Form B and For Construction submissions).
- Undertaking gauging assessments.
- Self-check of drawings to ensure accurate interpretation of Engineer's requirements and to minimise rework.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues in other teams.
- Attend technical meetings with clients.
- Stay up to date with industry best practice and assist with technical development, innovation and use of best practice.
- Assist in the Bid preparation.
- Comply with Quality, Safety and Environmental legislation and procedures.
- Embrace our company values of Safety, Integrity, Collaboration and Innovation.
Essential Experience & Skills
The key requirements, experience and skills for this role are:
- BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering (A minimum of BTEC HNC/HND qualified in Civil Engineering) (Preferred).
- Demonstrable experience in the application of track design principles (Essential).
- Proficient in the use of Microstation, Bentley Rail Track or MX Rail (Essential).
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise work accordingly (Essential).
- Proficient in the use of ClearRoute2 gauging software (Preferred).
- Working knowledge of track surveying principles.
- Good understanding of the Network Rail GRIP Process as well as working knowledge of Network Rail GRIP 3-5.
- Knowledge of Network Rail and London Underground processes and standards.
- Able to take a flexible approach to delivering projects and enjoy undertaking a wide range of engineering tasks in a busy team environment.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with the skills to work effectively as part of a team and a strong desire to undertake further learning and professional development, with support given by senior members of staff to allow the candidate to work towards an appropriate level of membership with the PWI or ICE.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which the client is looking for, apply with your current and up to date CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.