Engineering Manager – BIW
Our Client, a World recognised and respected Automotive OEM Manufacturer based in rural Warwickshire are actively seeking an Engineering Manager – BIW.
- Apply specialist knowledge of design, manufacturing, and assembly processes to the development of BIW across all platforms and variants, to deliver data for engineering release in support of programme timing and objectives.
- Full ownership of engineering, as part of cross functional group lead by the Commodity Lead to meet programme targets for new vehicles, and for improvements and issue resolution on existing vehicles.
- Responsible for creating and developing functional and performance targets, and ensuring they are met.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the day to day management of the BIW Engineering team.
- Lead the design engineering of the BIW from concept to production.
- Direct a team of design and project engineers towards design completion, process, and assembly validation.
- Apply knowledge to assembly methods, location, and geometric validation.
- Using Level 1 targets from Commodity Leads define and agree cascaded targets for each programme.
- Ensure design guidelines and target documents are followed and continuously updated with new requirements and lessons learnt from issues raising throughout the lifetime of the product.
- Deliver CAD geometry and manufacturing data for engineering release to programme timing as determined by Commodity Lead.
- Lead the technical issue resolution for all issues arising throughout the lifetime of the product and support RCA activities where required.
- Share and develop best practice in design, development, and issue resolution with other Closures & BIW team members.
Experience and Qualification:
- Engineering degree (or equivalent) and experience within automotive engineering / product development.
- Proven experience in the delivery of BIW components and assemblies.
- Extensive experience in body structures or directly relevant body engineering.
- Experience of leadership in body structures design to meet performance targets.
- Experience in project delivery from concept to serial production.
- Detailed understanding of body engineering construction processes
- Knowledge of Body Constructions methods.
- Experience in the use of aluminium and composite materials applied to BIW, including sheet metal pressings, castings, SMC and RTM.
- Understanding of assembly processes, including bonding and structural fixings.
- Knowledge of datum specification and component tolerancing applied to body structure components.
- Knowledge on Siemens NX CAD system desirable.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which the client is looking for, apply with your current and up to date CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.