Prototype Design and Tooling Engineer
Our Client, a World recognised and respected Automotive OEM Manufacturer based in rural Warwickshire are actively seeking a Prototype Design and Tooling Engineer.
The candidate will be required to formulate solutions for prototype requirements and provide a manufacturable solution for all requests. This includes the design of build tooling, vehicle bridging parts and items for concept work.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow H&S guidelines.
- Design of Tubs/BIW and T&F build tooling for prototype builds
- Ensure all designs are cost effective and fit for limited quantity builds
- Ensure all safety critical parts are designed to current legal and engineering standards
- Work with suppliers to ensure that designed parts can be manufactured on time and on budget
- Work with bridging part requests to design out of the box solutions for testing and prove out purposes
- Support concept requests ensuring items are delivered in a timely manner
- Verify your own design work with simulation/FEA
- Support with tooling and line build activities to ensure that commissioning can be completed to support build
- Support with process definitions where required
- Where required, support with CAD/CMM requirements for checking build tolerance adherence
Qualification & Experience:
- Proficient in the use of Unigraphics NX
- Very strong technical and IT skills with an excellent understanding of engineering fundamentals
- Creative thinking and problem-solving
- Strong teamworking skills are required to ensure effective communication and collaboration across functional teams
- Able to work on fixture build where required
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which the client is looking for, apply with your current and up to date CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.