Transport Logistics Co-ordinator
Our Client; a truly global leader in the manufacture of Specialist Vehicles and Survivability systems are experiencing substantial growth, which is being led by a healthy order book. As a result, we are actively seeking an experienced Transport Logistics Co-ordinator to join the department on a permanent basis.
As the Transport Logistics Co-ordinator, you will manage all activities related to the importing, exporting and domestic shipping of goods via road, sea and air. You will ensure accurate declarations and record keeping compliant with export controls and HMRC procedures. Additionally, you will secure best value logistics solutions and time-critical fulfilment and be the company lead on Brexit impacts to the business.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Liaison with international freight forwarders, express service providers and domestic couriers to obtain quotations, and arrange collections and clearances.
- Establishing best value shipping routes and methods ensuring time-critical requirements are fulfilled.
- Verification of shipping documentation.
- Ensure compliance with HMRC procedures and regulations.
- Status reporting on shipping progress to customers.
- Movement of dangerous goods covering IATA (air), ADR (road) and IMDG (sea) ensuring appropriate documentation & packing procedures.
- Movement of goods subject to Export Licence controls and End-User Undertakings.
- Ensuring compliance with inventory control procedures.
- Arranging Certificates of Origin, ATA Carnets and documentation in support of Letters of Credit.
- Reconciliation and approval of freight invoices and integration with purchase-to-pay processes.
- Supporting routine audits from HM Revenue and Customs and Export Control Organisation.
- Complying with Company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, ISO9001 and ISO14001.
Qualifications & Experience ideally needed:
Should ideally have a Degree in a relevant discipline, although those with less qualifications, but plenty of relevant experience will be considered.
- Certificate in Logistics & Transportation, Institute of Export or equivalent qualifications is desirable.
- Should have a proven track record in global imports and exports via road, sea and air.
- Will have a deep understanding of Import / Export & Customs procedures.
- Should have significant experience in a volume manufacturing environment, preferably Automotive manufacturing working in a similar Transport Logistics function.
- Experience of Automotive and/or Military environments needed.
- You will have the ability to understand and read engineering drawings and specifications.
- Confidence in speaking direct to customers and suppliers, both internal & external is needed.
- Proven track record of process development and improvement.
- PC skills word, excel, report writing and use of SAP one business systems.
Good knowledge of freight forwarding procedures, vessel routes and line operators.
Positive attitude needed, with the confidence to report to senior management.
Please Note: Due to the nature of the client and the role, all applicants must be eligible for Security Clearance. Applicants must be a British Passport holder or have previously held SC clearance.
This position offers a fantastic and rare opportunity to work for a leading well-established global Specialist Vehicle Manufacturer; so if interested and you have the relevant experience we’d like to hear from you?
To APPLY, please contact Jason Seed, FIRP, Managing Director on 07738 766526 or email your C.V. to email@example.com.
Forbes are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Forbes operates as an Employment Agency and Business.