Q Accessories Engineer
The job holder will work, with the minimum of supervision, on the Design, package and realisation of a variety of components to support Q Collection components in order to produce finished detailed CAD designs and drawings. This role also could require some level of project engineering & Management responsibility.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- CAD design and modelling of Q & Accessories products, including interior / exterior components in Siemens NX
- Management of created CAD into Teamcenter ensuring all model attributes are completed
- Preparation of detailed drawings to drafting standards
- Work under the direction of lead project engineer/PMST leader on a day to day basis
- Support Q & Accessories Programme team with CAD & Teamcenter related tasks.
- Take CAD designs from concept to finished model and produce finished drawings
- Preparation of release documentation where required
- RFQ / RFI Creation & Technical reviews with suppliers to feed into sourcing council.
- Support internal departments with technical data & resource to achieve department objectives
- Ability to utilise Engineering first principals to ensure RFT delivery.
Qualification & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent within an engineering related discipline with automotive experience in component design
- Experienced NX user.
- Previous experience of Teamcenter
- Knowledge of Exterior / interior components, including but not limited to; Carbon fibre, interior trim & exterior Body kits.
- A working knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements & lead times
- The ideal candidate will be a focused, highly motivated, results orientated individual who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
- Ability to work well within a team environment is essential.
- The ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and support urgent work at short notice
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.