Senior Engineer - Body Man. Eng
As part of a small team of engineers responsible for the continuous improvement of the tub and body construction facility multiple sites, you will be responsible for delivering robust process and quality improvements, as well as new model introduction.
The successful candidate will have experience of, facility & tooling requirements, process documentation, layout planning and problem resolution. You will ensure that the highest quality build standards are achieved whilst ensuring the health & safety of technicians is never compromised.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To produce detailed body shop related Process Operation sheets including visual aids, torque & tooling detail, quality requirements and safety info
- Working with Logistics & Facilities Engineers to determine efficient station layouts including modifications to existing facilities, racking & part presentation requirements, liaising with external suppliers of equipment and compiling necessary documents for implementation and approval
- Supporting build events to ensure that technicians are familiar with new process and facilities, using the correct tooling and achieving required quality standards
- Working with IE's to develop effective manpower requirements reflecting volume mix and model specification including methods improvements to achieve hours per car target
- To select the appropriate (volume representative) Jigs and Fixtures, including specialised hand tools and power tool requirements to meet vehicle quality and hours per car targets whilst ensuring operator safety targets are achieved
- Liaise with the Health & Safety department to ensure all processes & materials are suitable for the manufacturing environment. Project Environmental Checklists will also be required when raising Project requests
- Investigate and help resolve Manufacturing Engineering related issues experienced in Production, providing timely containments to ensure that product quality is not compromised and ensuring that technicians are familiar with process changes
- Liaise with engineering to ensure new or modified product content is integrated seamlessly into the production environment. To also provide dedicated 'hands-on' dimensional continuous improvements through fixture management processes
- To communicate best practices to Product Engineering to improve station ergonomics, hours per car and built in quality including poke yoke or error proofing
- Represent Manufacturing Engineering at the various planning meetings to review status and provide feedback
Qualification & Experience:
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship with substantial experience in the Motor Vehicle environment
- ONC minimum qualification with HNC / Degree preferred
- Previous Body Manufacturing experience
- A good understanding of dimensional issue resolution with an ability to interrogate and interpret dimensional data
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which the client is looking for, apply with your current and up to date CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.