NEC Supervisor / Clerk of Works
A contract assignment for a NEC Supervisor / Clerk of Works is available to assist with the delivery of multiple projects within the residential and commercial sectors.
- You will be expected to undertake the role of Supervisor as defined under the NEC contract but consideration will be given to individuals who have significant, relevant experience as a Clerk of Works with the potential for further training to be provided.
- The role will involve undertaking technical reviews of design proposals along with carrying out regular site inspections to monitor progress and quality of works post-contract.
- Act as the Supervisor as required under the NEC suite of contracts.
- Undertake technical review of design proposals at Outline Design and Detailed Design stages.
- Performing regular site inspections to monitor progress and quality of works on site.
- Provide weekly written reports to the Project Manager and attend monthly project progress meetings during construction phase.
- Perform snagging and defect inspections as required under the contract.
- Ensuring Contractor performs responsibilities under the Contract.
- Proactive liaison with Contractor to identify potential issues and monitor programme.
The skills and experience required:
- CSCS Card Holder, or to be obtained ASAP
- Considerable experience undertaking NEC Supervisor role (or similar), both at pre and post contract stages
- Experience of Housing and Education related construction projects
- NEC supervisor accreditation would be an advantage
- Membership of Institute of Clerk of Works would be an advantage
- Membership of RICS or similar
- Experience of working with contractors and of design and build procurement
- Full driving licence and own Transport (mileage will be paid for business use)
- Be able to use the full Microsoft office suite
- Customer focused with excellent client relationship management skills
- Ability to adapt to different working environments to build rapport with clients Be available to travel across the UK and work away from home, when required
- Holds a valid UK driving licence
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.