The HVAC Engineer is in charge of technical impact assessment, coordination, production and monitoring of HVAC studies for several HVAC systems in buildings.
As the HVAC Engineer, you will be assessing HVAC requests coming from building and erection contractors on HVAC discipline;
- Gathering all needed inputs for the answer;
- Assessing and listing the impacts of the site change on the HVAC, layout design and other contractors;
- Producing technical assessment and solution, with supporting justification;
- Aeraulic calculation,
- Anchor plates calculation
- System analysis & Interfaces.
- update deliverables produced by the RD Back-Office if needed
- Liaising with design RD Back-Offices when needed;
- Liaising with execution designer HK2721 or turnkey contractor UK3712 when needed;
- Liaison with NNB contract Team and construction Team - CTS (Contract Transfer Sheet) if needed
- Do the surveillance on execution designer deliverable related to site request.
- Opening the dedicated change process to launch the implementation of the impacts;
- Reporting to the HVAC Discipline Lead and HVAC NI Lead achievements, progresses and difficulties and raising alerts on any aspects of the design when identified;
- Contributing to the closure of design open points after the delivery of HVAC design packages to site;
- Anticipates and raises alerts on open technical points;
- Collect and organize the lessons learnt;
- Being part of the HVAC team, participating to Team meetings, sharing technical topics
- Manages and monitors the modifications requested by the various engineering teams, contractors and the client.
- Regularly carries out system engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved).
You will have the following Qualifications and Experience;
- Qualified to Degree Level and several years of experience in HVAC;
- Good knowledge of 2D and 3D design software (AutoCAD, Navisworks);
- Good knowledge and understanding of general HVAC layout rules for an industrial project;
- Knowledge of the general operation of nuclear power station and the associated safety aspects (in particular, aspects relating to nuclear safety, flooding, fire, radiological protection, high energy line ruptures, etc.);
- Experience on 3D model visualisation for layout analysis;
- Microsoft Office;
- Fluent in English.
- Experience in HVAC design or installation,
- Experience of UK design context and regulatory processes;
- Experience in previous EPR or other nuclear projects;
This role will require BPSS Clearance.
- The engineer should possess good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- The engineer has the ability to take a strategic view, manage a multiplicity of interfaces, summarise, be proactive, and meet commitments and deadlines.
- The engineer will be required to write clearly-expressed and well-presented technical documents and apply logical thinking.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.