Millbank are currently recruiting on behalf of there client in the Cheshire area. This role is a contract position for around 12 months and it is inside of IR35
Senior Buyer reporting to the Supply Chain Manager. Responsible for the procurement of subcontract services for the project to meet the programme and commercial requirements of the project. Including providing appropriate input in to pre-construction activities.Activities will include:
- Preparation of Subcontract Procurement Strategies for acceptance by the client
- Preparation of Invitation to Tenders
- Evaluation and conditioning of supplier responses
- Carrying out commercial checks for suppliers and past performance
- Conducting negotiations to enable the shortlisting of suppliers
- Make shortlist recommendations to the Supply Chain Manager, project team and the client, highlighting distinguishing factors between suppliers and the rationale behind recommendations
- Conducting final negotiations with selected suppliers and the preparation of contracts/orders in compliance with the Joint Venture procurement governance
- Liaise with the project team to assist with the resolution of supply issues as and when required
- Provide monthly reports on procurement and subcontractor performance
- Monitor the supply market to identify potential new suppliers and products and meet with suppliers to understand their products
- Understand the supplier market, keeping abreast of market developments, demand trends and risks
- Focus on exceeding minimum service expectations by delivering an agile, value adding service with a deep understanding of the client’s requirements, technical competence, functional knowledge and process efficiency.
- Establish performance led, long term supplier relationships focusing on value for money, service & product quality and continuous improvement to drive competitive advantage for the project.
- Provide supervision to buyers in relation to for procurement process activities assigned to them
- Support the development of the project Supply Chain Framework activities and associated supply chain engagement events.
- Support the delivery of Sustainable Procurement and the Socio-Economic project plan.
- Proven capability of working within a procurement role carrying out Sub-Contract Procurement activities, supplier relationships including negotiation, production of Subcontract Order documents and process compliance.
- Preferably within a construction related environment ideally within a highly regulated industry and on projects greater than £100m
- Experience of working within a JV environment is preferable
- The role will require excellent analytical skills, strong commercial awareness, a measured approach to decision making and the ability to ensure best value procurement.
- The ability to obtain BPSS is essential for this role.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.