Instrumentation and Control Lead Engineer
As the I&C Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for the coordination of all activities around I&C specification for one of the system design teams ultimately ensuring the delivery of design documentation and work packages in time and quality.
Support group leader to ensure SC I&C activities are performed in time and with required quality:
- Organize and prioritize day to day activities of I&C engineers in the team;
- Support in workload planning for I&C activities;
- Ensure work in the team is executed in line with applicable engineering guidance
- Provide Kick off meeting, pre-job briefs and post-job debriefs;
- Ensure people are sufficiently trained regarding engineering guidelines;
- Organize trainings on internal tools for I&C logic and human machine interface specification as well as testing the specified logic against test procedures (Conduite, DFD, ValidDFD);
- Organize and perform peer checks and technical checks and ensure documentation in line with quality process;
- Provide technical support and guidance on processes related to I&C activities;
- Mentoring of newcomers and less experienced engineers throughout the I&C sequence;
- Act as single point of contact for I&C activities in front of external stakeholders, especially to the I&C department and counterparts;
- Participate to weekly meetings with technical leads;
- Ensure configuration management;
- Track and report progress of all I&C activities in the team;
- I&C, Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Instrumentation and Control design
- Knowledge of the EPR I&C design principles and I&C platforms
- Experience of producing design documentation and Test Specifications
- Ability to effectively manage own workload in order to produce high quality documents and respect deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately, both written and orally, in English
- Proactive and confident in communicating with others, particularly those based in remote offices including France and Germany.
- Proactive in developing positive working relations with others within the project
- Continuously looking for opportunities to improve quality of engineering studies and the subsequent documentation produced
- Ability to productively coach & support others with the team & manage numerous with other stakeholders
- Knowledge of EPR system design principles and nuclear safety classification
- Knowledge of internal tools used for I&C specification
- Experience of working on an operating plant or on an industrial site
- Knowledge of UK licensing requirements and its application within the HPC project
- Ability to speak and write technical documents in French
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set that our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.