We are currently recruiting on behalf of their client, Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, the client has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
- The client’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across
- General Purpose Vinyls
- Specialtiy Vinyls
- Organic Chlorine Derivatives
- Chlor Alkali
- Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies
- The client’s annual commercial production volume is circa 10 million tonnes.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Lead and manage the development of the specification and contract for new borehole drilling, ensuring compliance with the clients procedures and meeting the technical and commercial needs of the business.
- Ensure on-site drilling contractors deliver completed boreholes safely and to the agreed specification and programme.
- Manage projects to return existing boreholes in service following significant downhole failure (e.g., lining tube repairs) developing the SHE plans, programme and budgets for projects.
- Develop improved techniques for downhole maintenance that meet future needs and are in line with the clients Safety Principles.
- Support business development projects (eg. hydrogen/gas storage) involving third parties where required.
- The posts holder is the Company expert, leading and managing safe drilling and other major well intervention work for boreholes
Key skills and knowledge required:
- Graduate or proven experience and technical competence gathered over at least 15 years in engineering background and work manager role.
- Understand of drilling and completion techniques would be beneficial but not essential.
- Broad appreciation of engineering and safe working practices that could be applied in a brine field setting.
- An understanding of regulatory and legal framework for construction projects (borehole related activities would be beneficial but not essential).
- Strong communication and influencing skills across all levels/disciplines.
- High level of analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking; strong problem-solving skills;
- Good level of ability to work independently and make decision with strong tactical and execution skills.
- Committed and flexible approach to work and working patterns (specifically during drilling campaigns)
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set that our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.