Due to an exciting period of growth which is seeing an increase in project wins, our client, a leading engineering and maintenance provider, has an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Work Pack Planner to join their friendly, established team in Billingham.
You’ll be working for a large EPC client that works in multiple different sectors Petrochemical, Nuclear, Utilities, Oil & Gas, etc.
- As Mechanical Planner you will be responsible for the planning of all mechanical work packs for the on-site maintenance team.
You will be working with the management team to develop a program of works.
- Provide construction engineering input and expertise to ensure maintenance is delivered safely & on time.
- Accountable for the preparation, quality and delivery of all information required for their allocated Mechanical workpacks within the agreed milestones.
- Prepare job sketches (or drawings if possible) that clearly identify the scope and materials. Where required these may also incorporate any specific field construction instructions including fabrication, site run and supports.
- Ensure all inspection and operations requirements including agreed isolations are incorporated.
- Prepare bills of material (BoM) that are correct and accurate – check against approved pipe and/or valve specifications. Clearly identify direct purchase materials or contractor supplied (e.g. consumable) to the materials buyer.
- Prepare the Job breakdown identifying all 3rd party requirements and resources hours using agreed norms or estimates.
- Identify any long lead or special items to the appropriate engineering discipline engineer for approval.
- Take a leading role in developing construction methodologies and schedules which deliver the scope within the system windows. Consider any other scopes, simultaneous operations or SHE/permit requirements to prepare robust and tested plans with the planning team.
- Have an understanding of work in the planning pipeline through Oracle to assist in forward planning
- Working with the site scheduler to develop execution plans.
- Prepare planning estimates.
- Review Planning performance.
- Work to planning norms.
- Work with site QS.
Health & Safety:
- Ability to prepare Method Statements & Risk Assessments.
- Familiar with the requirements for hot work, confined spaces, asbestos, working at height.
- Good understanding of working to Health and Safety Procedures, Work Control Permits, Safe Systems Of Work
- Ability to highlight, understand discuss workplace hazards
- Building safety into work packs.
- Actively taking part in site audits and inspections.
- Complete toolbox talks & Safety briefings where required with the team.
- Produce mechanical initiatives, equipment and share ideas from the wider market place to support the Health and Safety process.
- Ensure works are carried out in accordance with our clients and their clients processes, completing all necessary documentation.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 Standards and associated quality management systems.
- Ensure up to date drawings and work instructions are in use and all superseded documents have been removed.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by providing suggestions and feedback to Team Leaders and Management.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set that our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.