Due to an exciting period of growth which is seeing an increase in project wins, our client, a leading engineering and maintenance provider has an excellent opportunity for a Piping Designer to join the team at their client’s manufacturing facility in Grangemouth.
This role is within the Design Team which is made up of Client and company staff to carry out multi discipline design on various projects. There is a separate team undertaking the Mechanical and Electrical Construction work on site which you will be expected to liaise with.
- The role would suit a pro-active personality keen to learn and to engage in team environment. Involvement in laser scanning and review of models in VR or in 3D model space with the Client allows an ownership of the project and satisfaction in delivering successfully.
- Involvement and dialogue is expected throughout the construction stages with the site team in resolving any site issues and ensuring completion as design intent.
- Working closely alongside project engineers and other designers of varying disciplines, as well as with various other Client project stakeholders and the Construction Team, the main objective of the role is the safe delivery of various projects on behalf of the Client. You will be responsible for the piping & mechanical design aspect of projects from start to finish.
- Projects are generally driven by H&S requirements, obsolescence, and efficiency or capacity reasons.
- Projects generally range in value from £50k - £2.5m, and you’ll be expected to manage a portfolio of projects simultaneously taking these from definition design to detailed design, construction and project close out. The projects will include piping as well as process equipment and static / rotating equipment.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in AutoCAD, other drafting packages.
- Experience with laser scanning and 3D modelling and other relevant innovative technologies within a design environment (for example Navisworks, desired).
- Development of layouts in 3D work space.
- Production of mechanical work packages including engineering drawings (piping isometrics, P&ID’s and layout drawings) and schedules and Bills of Materials to issue onto the construction team as well as ‘Site Instructions’ /detailed the work scope documents.
- Assisting in the delivery of multi-discipline engineering projects throughout their entire lifecycle covering option development and evaluation, definition, estimating, design and construction assistance.
- Knowledge and experience of mechanical areas such as piping (to ASME standards), rotating equipment, valves, pressure vessels and atmospheric tanks, heat exchangers, solids loading & powder handling systems (desired).
- Awareness of and/or some knowledge of specialist areas such as pipe stress analysis.
- Awareness of relief streams.
- Knowledge on engineering materials.
- Sound experience in developing PIDs and isometric piping drawings
- Site surveys and condition assessments.
- Knowledge of embedding H&S compliance within projects through CDM.
- Experience of Site H&S requirements, Code of conduct and sound ethics as required by Professional bodies and employers.
- IT proficiency in word, excel and outlook.
- Experience within a client facing role and/or chemical manufacturing environment (desired).
Education/ Qualifications/ Experience:
- Technical education to HNC/HND standard as a minimum or in the process of attaining.
- Experience in chemical or oil and gas industry preferred, experience with fluid handling equipment
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set that our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.