Lead Alias Modeller
Our client is one of the most iconic and well-known leading Motorcycle manufacturers in the World.
- Creating modern classics and with a healthy order book, it is our privilege to now be supporting them with the recruitment of an experienced and passionate Lead Alias Modeller to join their Design team on a permanent basis. On offer to the successful candidate is a negotiable basic salary (albeit dependent on experience) along with a full benefits package.
If successful, you will become part of their diverse team, working with colleagues in the UK and Overseas to create evocative representations of design intent.
- You will be influential in the creative stages of the development of new motorcycles, supporting the Industrial Design team in transferring the design from 2D sketch to digital CAD /CAS.
- You will be managing all of the internal and external surfacing resources, developing the different processes and improving the transition from surface to production.
You will pioneer new software and systems, control the quality of the surfaces created and ensure that surfaces that go into production meet the design intent.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- You will be responsible for leading the 3D Alias surface design across all projects
- Manage CAS team workload across permanent and contract modellers
- Supporting the Studio Design Team to enable the delivery of surfaces representative of the design intent, while integrating engineering constraints.
- You will work directly with the Clay Modelling and Studio Engineering teams to develop 3D Digital model data.
- Generate high integrity data as/where necessary – to defined “A class” standard – i.e. suitable for transfer into other CAD systems (principally Creo).
- Meanwhile also produce SubD or polygonal models for concept modelling, volume and shape research.
Experience & Qualifications (you will ideally possess):
- Extensive experience in automotive OEM or independent studio environment.
- Proven ability to lead a team within design, from concept through 3D digital surface model generation to production.
- Experience in concept modelling and A class modelling
- You will ideally have a passion for motorcycles and familiarity with the motorcycle market
- Ideally have a working knowledge of RPT/Milling practices, Parametric Design (Rhino/Grasshopper), VRED and Adobe Suite programs.
- Proven record of bringing motorcycle, scooter or automotive interior digital models to styling sign-off, would be a distinct advantage.
- You will also be experienced in 3D scanning of physical (clay) models
- Outputting digital models by rapid prototype output to SLS, SLA, etc.
- Therefore also familiar in clay / foam milling
This role is available immediately.
If this matches your experience and you are interested, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply with your current and up to date CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Forbes HR (part of the Millbank Holdings Group) are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.