Electrical & Instrumentation Design Engineer
The Electrical & Instrumentation Design Engineer will have the responsibility to support the local projects team through provision of Electrical and Instrumentation Design Support Services. This role will require a high level of autonomy and strong communication skills.
You will be a key point of contact for projects executed from the Grangemouth office and will liaise closely with the companies Head Office design Department who shall provide design support for larger projects.
The Electrical & Instrumentation Design Engineer will have a technical engineering design background and water sector related experience.
Role Detail Description:
The Electrical & Instrumentation Design Engineer will work closely with Engineers and Project Managers to support the efficient and effective delivery of engineering & design services. The post holder will:
- Act as key point of contact for electrical design undertaken from Grangemouth office making a strong link with the companies Head office
- Review and assess customer needs
- Provide resource estimates for design related activities
- Produce reports, scope of works, concept design and detailed designs
- Provide effective, accurate & efficient electrical and instrumentation engineering design services
- Generate electrical installation deliverables in compliance with BS7671 IEE Wiring Regulations and client specifications
- Support effective delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost targets together with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Produce documentation in accordance with defined standards / quality requirements
- Liaise with design and equipment subcontractors
- Lead the improvement of performance by seeking, reviewing and applying, where appropriate, innovative solutions
- Interface with other disciplines such as Mechanical, Process, HVAC and Civil Knowledge
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in a relevant design role including successful delivery of electrical and instrumentation installation designs within projects for the water utility sector.
- Thorough knowledge of IEE Wiring Regulations – BS7671 - 18th Edition
- HNC or Degree in technical engineering related subject
- Membership of professional Institution or similar body is desirable ? Strong experience in UK water utility sector construction projects
- Experience of E&I design best practices
- Strong understanding of design process & associated documentation
- Project lifecycle experience (Concept through detail design to construction support and as built documentation)
- Familiarity with CDM Regulations 2015 together with experience of undertaking ‘Designer’ role
- Ability to undertake site surveys
- Collaborative skills and experience working in part of a multi-discipline team
- Familiarity with hazardous area design together with hazardous area protection principals and generation of associated documentation i.e. Intrinsically safe calculations and hazardous area inspection schedules
- Construction support
- Ability to work in a team or alone, comfortable to liaise with client representatives
- Working knowledge of 3D software i.e. Revit, Navis
- Provision of 2D and 3D Design Deliverables, GA’s, equipment layouts and cable/containment routing diagrams
- Single line diagrams (LVC and Instrumentation)
- Cable block diagrams (Power and Instrumentation)
- Earthing diagrams
- Instrumentation Loop diagrams
- Cable Calculations
- Digital Communication Network Diagrams
- Hazardous Area Designs, including IS Calculations
- Building services design Software Packages Proficient use of the following software packages:
- AutoCAD LT
- Trimble (Amtech) Pro Design Suite Cable Sizing Software
- Microsoft suite of programs
- Revit (Desirable)
Millbank Holdings Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Millbank is proud to be a member of the ‘Disability Confident Scheme’. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.