Electrical (EDS) Complexity Engineer (Releasing)
Our Client; a globally operating Tier 1 Automotive company that specialises in the supply and manufacture of high technology electrical and electronic components, are looking to recruit an Electrical Complexity Engineer / Releasing Engineer on a permanent basis.
On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive salary, pension scheme, private healthcare plan, life assurance, and excellent professional training opportunities.
This position is also open to those who enjoy Hybrid Working.
You will ensure the development of our client’s competitive products according to their customer requirements and latest technological developments under consideration of all engineering specification, costs, quality, timing, and environmental aspects.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the release of EDS harnesses and components into customer systems.
- Define, check and implement complex WERS coding to ensure wiring harness usages support the program and prototype and production vehicle builds.
- Enter part information into WERS system.
- Create concerns and track to completion to support program timing.
- Create WERS alerts and track status.
- Enter part information into FEDEBOM, including defining feature coding, to ensure wiring harness usages support the customer program timing and gateways with the required completion status.
- Review and analyse customer product direction documents (PDL, TIB, etc) for EDS content.
- Track changes and open issues to resolution.
- Assist the design team to establishing complexity lists.
- Maintain and manage complexity lists and tracking of changes.
- Work closely with the internal project team and customer.
- Take an active lead in creating engineering EDS complexity and resolving road blocks preventing this to be completed for respective release gateways.
- Ideally you will have University Degree in electrical, mechanical or automotive engineering, but equivalent relevant experience will be accepted.
- Previous experience working as an Automotive Complexity Engineer / Releasing Engineer is preferred, although this position is also open to those that may just be really passionate about Automotive Engineering, but instead have good MS Excel skills and require training.
- You will ideally be a proficient user of FEDEBOM and WERS.
- Solid experience of part coding in WERS is preferred.
- Understanding of part complexity.
- Have analytic capabilities to trouble shoot data miss alignment.
- Able to compare same set of information in different format as example V-lock Up compare in Excel.
- Excel VBA coding abilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Please note: Our client doesn't offer work permits, visas or sponsorships.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set that our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Forbes HR (part of Millbank Holdings Group) is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Millbank is proud to be a member of the ‘Disability Confident Scheme’. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.