This weeks' post is focused on our clients in the nuclear sector, who are hiring contract staff to support projects in the North West and South East.
Looking for other opportunities in Nuclear? Click here for all our current vacancies.
Job Type: Contract
Location: South East
Posted at: 09 June 2017
Expiration date: 09 September 2017
Our is a leading international engineering, project management and services provider to the highly regulated nuclear, defence, oil & gas, and science & research industries. Our expertise has been developed over many years and is backed up by a highly trained, committed workforce and a wide range of specialist resources. They currently have a vacancies for 3 Senior Mechanical Engineers to work on a variety of nuclear engineering and defence sector projects.
Main purpose of the role:
To deliver customer requirements for engineering design / nuclear engineering in terms of cost, programme and quality through the management of a small team of engineers working either on a project or projects principally associated with their engineering discipline
Key responsibilities will include:
• Set design standards and parameters
• Responsible for Conceptual, Scheme and Detail design, several design schemes, approval of calculations, or the checking of one off (bespoke) calculations
• Lead production of design to meet cost, quality and safety requirements
• Produce cost estimate, resource plan and project programme
• Carry out assessments as a Technical Professional to give independent advice
• Ensuring product meets customer requirements and specifications
• Ensure any variations to the work are identified and agreed
• Maintaining and improving customer relations to develop business opportunities
• Review sub-contractors work and performance
• Lead of design reviews, safety reviews (risk assessments/ HAZOP’s) from technical standpoint within discipline
• Ensure quality and delivery of design documentation throughout the design process including scope of works, method statements, risk assessments, technical files and other technical documentation to comply with design standards, safety legislation/regulatory requirements and the needs of the client
• Management of installation, commissioning and operating documents
• Allocation of work to other members of team in order to ensure delivery of design to quality, time and budget Selection, strategy and management of work to sub-contractors
• Site visits and site surveys Reports to Principal Engineer, Team Leader or Department manager. Normally supervises a small design team as well as significantly larger projects of around 30 staff from varying disciplines.
Person Specification / Essential Experience :
• Degree qualified in a relevant technical / engineering discipline
• Chartered Engineer and candidates nearing chartership are preferred
• Membership to appropriate institutions is preferred e.g. CIBSE, MIMechE
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Nuclear industry
• Demonstrable competence in a design/delivery position within a project based environment
• Understanding of design requirements to support nuclear safety cases
• Experience of managing sub-contracts
• Knowledge of safety regulations including CDM
• Experience of checking design documentation including drawings and supporting calculations
• Experience in the preparation of tender documentation. Experience in the preparation of design estimates, resource plans and programmes
• Experience and/or ability of leading a technical team within a professional project delivery environment
• Organisation & Collaborations skills
• Demonstrable expertise in working to tight deadlines
• Quality & service driven attitude
• High level of commercial awareness
• Experience of leading design teams
• Experience of bid preparation
• A full UK driver’s licence
Salary: Depending on Experience
Job Type: Contract
Location: North West
Posted at: 06 June 2017
Expiration date: 06 September 2017
Our client in the nuclear sector is seeking a Section Engineer to control concrete or structural steel works, managing a team of site engineers.
The successful applicant will report to the Construction Manager and will be responsible for:
- Control specified sections of concrete or structural steel works.
- Management of a team of site engineers within the same discipline.
- Check drawings and quantities.
- Schedule selected materials for ordering from the procurement department.
- Plan the work and efficiently organise site operations in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines.
- Liaise with any consultants and sub-contracts engaged in the project as necessary.
- Supervise and monitor the site labour force and monitor the work of any sub-contractors.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Ensure quality records necessary to meet quality requirements are maintained.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Arrange testing of materials.
- Undertake the testing and calibration of instruments used.
- Keep a Site Diary.
- Fully interact with other members of the construction site team (team player).
- Introduce improvements and innovation where appropriate t areas of your responsibility.
- Ensure work is delivered in accordance with the specification.
- Take part in and deliver a Safety Culture with the entire site team.
- Undertake other duties as required by the Site Manager to facilitate construction of the works.
Person Specification / Essential Experience:
- Demonstrate previous experience in a Section Engineer role
- CSCS Card
- Site Safety for Supervisors