Looking for a new role or opportunity in the Rail industry? Take a look at our Top Rail Jobs of the Week.
Want to see more Rail jobs? Click here to see all our current opportunities and assignments.
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Job Type: Permanent
Location: North West
Posted at: 03 February 2017
Expiration date: 03 May 2017
Operating across several branches across the UK, our client is a forward thinking and expanding civil and structural engineering consultancy with vast experience of bridges, railway infrastructure, highways, buildings, geotechnics and temporary works. Within the Warrington branch there is an exciting opportunity for a Chartered Civil Engineer to be part of the growth and help shape the culture of the office. If you are looking for a senior position, with the possibility to progress to Associate/Director then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
As a Principal/Chartered Civil Engineer, you will be the technical lead, overseeing a team of Engineers and Technicians across wide variety of projects.
To be considered for this role you must have previous experience within the UK Rail industry.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical lead to all projects, overseeing and aiding Engineers
- Designing civil schemes and reviewing, checking and approving designs prepared by others
- Leading and managing a team of Engineers and Technicians, including mentoring / training
- Taking ownership of own projects across bridges, rail, civils and temporary works
- Working independently, to your own vision to help develop the office in line with your skills
- Preparing and managing project programmes, workload and resources
- Liaising with clients to verify project scope and ensure deliverables
- Preparation of tenders and fee proposals
- Developing new and existing client relationships
- Carrying out inspections, surveys and assessments and preparing reports
- Working in a friendly, flexible team environment
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant Civil or Structural Engineering degree
- Chartered Engineer (ICE or IStructE)
- Strong technical knowledge within design and assessment in all major materials, including inspections, analysis, feasibility reviews and new-build detailed design
- Project management experience across bridges, rail, civils and temporary works, with drive and a proven record to meeting targets
- Experience within the UK industry; preferably with Rail, Eurocode and Highway Standards
- Experience leading and developing a team of Engineers
- Experience acting as Civils CRE or CEM on rail projects
- Client focused approach with effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Full UK driving licence and own transport
- Eligible to live and work in the UK and high standard of written English
- Company bonus scheme
Job Type: Contract
Posted at: 16 November 2016
Expiration date: 16 February 2017
Our client is part of a large joint venture partnership which has been awarded its first contract to fit out and commission London’s Underground Rail tunnels which are currently being bored under the streets of London. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a contract worth over €350 million, and is one of the largest awarded in the area. Part of the project will see fitting out 21 km of twin tunnels that will stretch under London with the track and power equipment necessary for the trains to operate from 2018.
- Implements the latest T&C delivery programme for the Tunnel Ventilation system via the use of the T-12w, T-4w, T-1w and Daily Notice meetings;
- Where M&E subcontractors are appointed to deliver T&C works, manages them for the testing and commis-sioning phases of the project in line with the programme requirements;
- Liaises with the PSM to organise the relevant teams of Authorised Persons and Senior Authorised Persons to assist with LV energisations in line with the IRN process;
- Liaises with the C610 Work Authorisation Documentation Manager and supports the WAD process for the Tunnel Ventilation system;
- Liaises with the Temporary Operations & Maintenance Manager for all interfaces with temporary services
- Write the Tunnel Ventilation Test Procedures and agree and get from the VCS Package Manager the VCS ones
- Ensure compliance to Health & Safety procedures and regulations within a Crossrail operational environ-ment to ensure the T&C phases are safe and in compliance with the Client and Joint Venture requirements.
- Coordination with the M&E installation team to ensure a smooth transition from IRN into T&C.
- Report progress periodically (weekly basis) to the Senior M&E Lead Engineer and T&C Manager and raise any warning signs or issues that could affect the program of work.
- Schedule all T&C works in a logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Support the Senior M&E Lead Engineer to determine resources allocation and help coordination with the T&C Manager.
- Carry out Inspection and Audit reviews to monitor compliance with quality, safety codes, and other regula-tions.
- Support the company to obtain all necessary certificates i.e. (IRNs, PCCs, PACs, etc...) and permits to work.
- Work closely with the M&E Construction Team to achieve successful IRN and post-IRN common objectives;
- HNC / HND / Degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics/Automation etc...;
- Relevant electrical certifications in Low Voltage;
- Authorised Person (LV) competence is desirable;
- Good organisational skills;
- IT, computer literate; Knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Relevant experience of M&E Systems and in particular ventilation systems
- Experience in testing and commissioning of ventilation systems