Take a look at our top jobs in the Rail sector this week, with Engineering positions in London and Yorkshire.
Rate: £300 - £330 per day
Job Type: Contract
Posted at: 16 February 2017
Expiration date: 28 February 2017
***To be considered for this role you must have current / recent experience within the UK Rail industry*** Field Quality Engineers to oversee the delivery of the varying elementary systems below; •OHLE •Mechanical •Electrical •Track You will be accountable for the works within the delivery team to support in assuring the quality at all angle of the project;
60% Site base is required
- Weekly surveillance of the works in the tunnels and stations in construction,
- Support with site inspection when requested by the delivery construction team
- Attendance of Factory Acceptance Test with suppliers
- Raising NCR (non-conformance) defects when identified on site
- Quality voice in the production team – with daily engagement
- Ensuring production team are adequately checking in-ward material received to site
- General QC activities
40% is office based as required in client, supplier & project meetings
- Support the delivery team with quality documentation in reviewing ITP & method Statements
- Engaging lessons learnt, or root cause analysis workshop to improve the project as we aim for a world class status
- Ensuring readiness reviews are carried out by the delivery team prior to the start of any activity (manufacturing or installation)
- Support with necessary briefing and training where required to the workforce
Experience and Qualifications:
Professionally qualified engineer or recognised industry technical qualification relevant to the system specialisation.
5 to 10 years’ experience in installation of LV electrical and related systems in either a supervisory or trade role.
- Experience of quality control
- Experience in face-to-face client contact
Salary: £50,000 (DoE)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Yorkshire & Humberside
Posted at: 15 February 2017
Expiration date: 15 May 2017
This position provides an opportunity for the right candidate to obtain a wide variety of interesting experience in providing a service to the client NWR and Railway contractors. You will be required to manage a number of small projects on railway infrastructure from GRIP 4 to 8, including stations, signal boxes, depots, bridges and operational properties. This is a career position within a Dynamic and skilled team, progression is assured for the right candidate.
- Exercise due care and diligence in all aspects of engineering design and detailing
- Preparation of railway technical approval submissions (Forms 001,2 and 3 in accordance with NR/L2/CIV/003) and in accordance with NR Standards
- Preparation of Civil and structural engineering designs using manual calculations and industry standard software.
- Overseeing the preparation of drawings by technicians
- Attending Site to undertake surveys and inspections
- Preparation of structural reports on buildings and other structures
- Liaise and communicate with clients and external agencies
- Represent client at meetings and in writing when required
- Maintain professional development
- Control the programmed performance of projects.