Lead Project Engineer (EC&I)
Lead Project Engineer (EC&I)
Engineering resource allocation and selection to support the project requirements
Ownership of Engineering KPI’s and associated corrective actions
Deliver to agreed performance targets
Promote Lean and CI ways of working across the engineering team and project lifecycle
Ensure engineering team delivers the ‘’best value’’ solution compliant with the customers technical and budgetary requirements, contractual, safety and legislative standards consistent with business strategy.
Control Project configuration and change management
Responsible for recruitment & the development / competency of personnel within the Production Design department.
Able to work effectively in an engineering team, motivating and progressing Engineers and Designers within the business
Support the Industrialisation of Design with manufacturing Team
Ownership of Engineering Quality Procedures and Work Instructions
Ownership of relevant Departmental Standards
Health and Safety- Ensure the procedures are adhered to at all times and display the correct behaviours to support the company HSE culture
Information Security- Ensure the procedures are adhered to at all times and display the correct behaviours to support the company Information Security culture
Be responsible for leading and driving quality in all Engineering designs and projects including, the checking and approval of discipline design deliverables to company procedures
- Experienced in designing electro/mechanical control panels, MCC’s, LV/MV and VSD panels
- Experience in design practices / procedures, particular those employed by the Nuclear, Water, Defence & Renewables industry sectors
- High level of Technical Expertise & Knowledge in Electrical Engineering
- Have an appreciation of general instrumentation, interfacing equipment, cabling systems and installation requirements to BS7671,ATEX etc
- Have an understanding of the design and implementation of PLC and SCADA control systems
- Highly experienced in estimating from client requirements specification
- Have working knowledge and complete understanding of the legal requirements associated with CE Marking and be able to support equipment compliance for the Low Voltage, EMC & Machinery Directives applicable to control / drives panels, switchgear & MCCs.
- Have a suitable in-depth of knowledge and practical experience of applying the associated & harmonised standards with regard to equipment design, testing & CE Marking.
- Knowledge of UK legislation, BSEN standards, safe working practices, and environmental best practice associated with control panel / control gear LV / HV
- Knowledge of the use of electrical design software (EPLAN, AutoCAD) to increase engineering efficiency and design optimisation.
- HNC / HND in an Electrical Engineering Discipline
- Bachelor’s BEng Degree in EICA Engineering (Preferred)
- Chartership Status CEng with an accredited organisation (Preferred) or actively working towards registration
- 10+ years’ experience in Electrical Engineering and Design
- Lean Six Sigma Qualification or similar experience (Preferred)
- Sound technical knowledge and expertise in all areas of EICA engineering
- Proven track record of leading a team (circa 15-25)
- Application of all key relevant British and European standards and regulations
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business