Civil engineer (pool liner)
We are looking for a Civil Engineer (pool liner) to start a new exciting role in Bristol.
The role purpose is to be part of the Site Design Liaison Team, they are in control of the design support of the construction on site, and deals with all the civil work subjects in timely manner regarding the construction schedule.
The activities are focused on modification of design due to modification of construction method, non-conformance, clarification of design documents, or modification due to building requirements.
The support will deal with metallic structures (stainless steel and carbon steel) playing a safety role on the nuclear plant and in interface with pipes, concrete, and steelworks.
The main tasks will be to clarify some interfaces, review detailed designer proposals regarding design modifications, and manage modifications regarding safety requirements.
Currently the main tasks will be to manage the design liaising with the concrete parts, and after will switch to pipes, electrical, and ventilation interfaces design management during the project.
The engineer will have the support of detailed designers in order to succeed in his task.
- Clarification of design deliverables;
- Management of modifications of detailed design documents (calculation, drawings,…);
- Review of construction non conformances and proposed solutions made by others;
- Review of construction modifications and proposed solutions made by others;
- Participate to collaborative meeting with designers, constructors and project managers;
- Collaborative activities with detailed designers
- Manage design interfaces
Qualification & Skills required
- Experience in design of concrete and metallic structure with thin thickness (6mm) in stainless or carbon steel.
- Experience in welding
- Experience on project dealing with material interfaces
- Experience with on site design support
- Experience on complex projects
- Work in nuclear or energy industry
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Company private Medical care
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business