A Civil Engineer is required to support the Civils Team Lead. As part of a team, under the Team Lead, the Civil Engineer will be responsible for modifying and adapting the design received from the Back Office, substantiating the adapted design of the reinforced concrete structures on the Hinkley Point C project.
The Civil Engineer will be supported by a group of detailed designers. They work closely with the Client and the Clients Tier 1 Civils Contractor.
The civil work design is made on TEKLA and used as a deliverable directly for construction activities for different tasks.
- As part of the Civil team, the engineer will assist in:
- Modifying reinforced concrete structure designs compliant with the ETC-C, other relevant codes
- Maintaining the clients QA procedures in delivering the CW design
- Working and reviewing with the designers in the preparation of the design drawings/models modified
- Managing engineering changes in line with company procedures
- Liaising with colleagues in Edvance Paris (Malakoff) or Bristol
- Building layout teams
- Piping layout team
- Civils team (Paris & Bristol)
- Client (HPC Site)
- Engineer/Chartered Engineer
- MS Office & Outlook
- Engineering with recognised civil engineering degree
- Engineer with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Experience in Nuclear civil work OR complex structure
- Experience in design of concrete structure
- Experience in detailed design or conceptual design in an office or on a civil construction site
- Experience on project dealing with material interfaces
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative
- Results focused with the ability to meet commitments & deadlines
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Ability to identify continuous improvements
- Fluent in English – written & verbal
- Experience with on site design support
- Experience in previous EPR or other nuclear projects
- Experience of working in a fast pace engineering project environment
- French language skills – written & verbal
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business