Senior Buyer - Procurement
Supervise a team of Buyers and to provide support for Purchasing Manager, deputising in their absence and covering all aspects of Purchasing and Man-Management skills and duties. To procure a range of commodities in accordance with the Purchasing and business procedures with a strong focus on commercial acumen and account management skills to deliver departmental objectives specific to quality, cost and delivery.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Supervise and support buyers in their day to day activity and delivery of objectives.
- Represent the section at cross functional meetings.
- Drive and manage TVM meetings and new model program activities.
- Deputise for Purchasing Management, to include the day to day running of the Purchasing team.
- Prepare and present Purchasing status and metrics to business management team.
- Coordinate and manage supplier performance with Quality and MP&L functions ensuring performance targets are met.
- Provide support for individual and team development, including induction training and skill’s gap analysis ensuring section training plan is effective.
- Procurement and negotiation responsibility for both individual and teams objectives.
- Working with a cross functional team to establish and set programme financial targets.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ideally the successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, and or a full member of CIPS, or at least working towards it.
- Extensive Purchasing experience ideally within a manufacturing environment is required; however, of greater importance is the individual’s aptitude and commitment to rapidly assimilate the needs of the role and to be quickly performing in the role, to a high standard.
- The individual should hold a full driving licence, passport and be prepared to travel where their specific work responsibilities require it.
- A competent understanding of the Microsoft suite of office tools would be advantageous.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business