Project Manager - Water
Our client is a leading EPC provider of engineering, automation and maintenance, modifications and operations services to industrial clients across the water utilities, oil & gas, energy & power, nuclear and chemical/pharmaceutical sectors. Their skilled workforce provides unified, multidisciplinary support through the life-span of an asset - including design and build, automated control systems and operations and maintenance - driving efficiencies and reducing costs.
We have an opening for a APM qualified Project Manager with 5 years plus experience of SCADA / Automation projects to assist our client in delivering high quality projects across southern regions of the UK. The Project Manager will have overall responsibility for the management and delivery of single complex automation projects or packages of projects delivered under the Thames Water Framework.
- Excellent team leader with great people management skills and strong analytical, problem-solving and organisational capabilities.
- Accountable for the delivery of the project to scope, schedule, cost and quality.
- Delivering the project safely, ensuring that all EHS&Q (including CDM) requirements are met in all phases.
- Ensuring the project scope is accurately defined, estimated and changes to scope controlled throughout the project.
- Ensuring the project is properly commercially managed – profit margin, cash flow/invoicing, customer approvals.
- Managing the performance of key suppliers and subcontractors ensuring appropriate commercial arrangements are applied.
- Ownership of the baseline schedule and control estimate, ensuring the project integrity is maintained with any agreed changes.
- Build effective project teams and manage resources ensuring that adequate levels are maintained to ensure the schedule is met and high workforce productivity is maintained throughout.
- Ensuring adequate project controls are employed for risk management and change control, minutes of meetings etc.
- Act as the main interface with the all stakeholders and internal / external Customer ensuring high levels of satisfaction are maintained.
- Undertaking any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Project Manager.
- Be prepared to act in succession as directed.
- 5 + years previous Project Management experience working on Thames or similar water utilities projects.
- APM PMQ qualified or equivalent.
- Automation & Scada experience.
Our client is open to the role being a contract or permanent position.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business