Cad Design Engineers
The job holder will work, with the minimum of supervision, on the Design, package and realisation of a variety of Exterior trim, Sealing, glasshouse and Body mechanism components in order to produce finished detailed CAD designs and drawings. This role also requires some level of project engineering responsibility.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- CAD design and modelling of Exterior trim, sealing system, glazing and Body Mechanisms in Siemens NX
- Management of created CAD into Teamcenter ensuring all model attributes are completed to our standards
- Ensure models are compatible with surrounding environment and suitable for Engineering Release
- Support virtual build phases
- Preparation of detailed drawings to our drafting standards may be required
- Work under the direction of Project engineer and Commodity leader on a day to day basis
- Experience of component design for injection moulding, RRIM, pressings, extrusion, and casting processes in various materials is important.
- Support and/or investigate resolution of build issues during pre-production builds and launch phase.
- Contribute to updates of Best Practice and Engineering Standards manuals
- Knowledge and ability to work in concept phases of a vehicle program and be confident in developing master sections for vehicle hard points
- Present technical detail in cross functional reviews in a clear and appropriate manor
- Lead and co-ordinate a small team of CAD engineers either on site or off-shore for larger, more complex assemblies where appropriate
- Assist in developing component and system function, quality and attribute targets and that all designs are compatible with these targets
Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent within an engineering related discipline with automotive experience in component design.
- Experienced NX user.
- Previous experience of Teamcenter
- Knowledge of Exterior components, Glazing, Sealing systems – extrusions and mouldings, plastic injection moulding components,
- A working knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements & lead times.
- Good knowledge of GD&T.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the process and participation in PMST teams would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the Failure Mode Avoidance techniques and processes would be an advantage.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business